Greyhound Depression

Since the loss of Bear and Remy, our Thorpe seems to still be sad. He lays on the dog bed watching the door for them to come back. The other 2 greyhounds have handled it different it looks like. Any thoughts or just let it run it course? I've been giving all 3 more attention and loving to see if that will work.

d2psig.jpg

Dogs grieve the loss of their pack mates, and each dog is different. I try to give the remaining pack members individual time and attention. We go on adventures, and take car rides for ice cream or puppacinos, sometimes starting a new class or activity can be good.

Otherwise, I think it just has to be something they go through, and it can take some time. I think being there, and being patient with him is the way to go. Eventually, the pack will settle into a new dynamic.

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

You can help him with some Bach's flowers. I always use gorse (5 drops in the water bowl). My mentor used to say 'gorse is like a bottle of liquid sunshine'.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).