Persistent Corns...gone!

Guest MotherofPickle

Guest MotherofPickle

GREAT NEWS! GREAT NEWS!

Pickle's corns came out today! It only took me about 10 minutes per pad using a dental root elevator and beauty scissors. Slow and steady and no greyhound screams nor blood.

The prep only took 1 week. Burts Bees hand salve on her pads 4x per day. NO filing down the corns during the week as they need to be left to separate from the pad. Therapaws boots on every walk so she was cushioned whilst the corns were hardening and separating.

Using the dental elevator I just picked at the edges slowly, you can easily see the corn coming away from the pad. A little snipping with the scissors to move things along. The corns finally just slowly peeled away from her flesh. Pickle was awesome and is already walking great!

Just want to see what grows back and will keep putting Burts Bees on once a day!

(PS. 3 different vets wanted to surgically remove the corns for £250 with a 90% chance they would return - plus all that pain and healing!)

great job! unfortunately, they usually come back and in Larry's case, bigger and bigger each time but hopefully yours do not do this!

I bought a dental elevator to do Larry's, but I still end up going to have them hulled at our vet (who is a GH owner).

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway