Goodbye To Zilla

Ukalliq

"Play fighting" - she's the size of a peanut against her ringmate :lol:wub: What a great life you all shared together. Those are wonderful photo memories! Hold them tight, next to your heart, where Zilla will always be. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh, what a heartbreaking decision you had to make. When it comes so suddenly, I think it's natural to doubt your decision. But please know that you did what you did out of love, and to keep your precious lady from suffering. So very hard for you, but the kindest thing for Zilla.

What a lovely dog she was! I'm so glad you posted some more pictures. Her joy just shines through, and it's clear that she had a wonderful life with you. I'm so sorry she couldn't have stayed longer, but you packed a lot of love into your years together.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a horrible last week for Zilla and you. But as you said, what a wonderful life all the years before that, even though the number of years was short. :grouphug

I hope that gradually all the wonderful memories will overcome the ones that are so painful now.

Our other dog, Jaws, is clearly part fish. We would toss the frisbee out into the river for Jaws to fetch and Zilla would wait near the edge of the water for her to come back and "pounce" at her. No idea why

Because life is fun. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter