Ph Level

Guest BDR

How high is the pH? Does the dog have a UTI? kidney disease? stones? What is the dog fed?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Not sure of the pH levels the vet never gave me an exact number just said it was high we are trying to figure out why after five years hes deciding to urinate once or twice a week in the living room. I am currently feeding him Kirklands sweet potato and salmon

Thanks to everyone for the help!!!

i fed it to my dogs when costco first carried it. felix's urination was affected by it with in a short amount of time.no other dogs that i know of who are fed that have encountered a similar problem.

i don't think your dog decides to urinated in the house. sometimes they just can't hold it. you can take him off of the food and try something else. i was able to lower the ph level feeding lots of rice and potatoes. the bananas, broccoli, etc on the list were not at all appetizing to my dog. but the potatoes were easy and cheap. nuke in the microwave and mash w/ cold water then add kibble.

Did you introduce any new treats, something like bully sticks or rawhides?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."