Frozen Feet

Finally was able to get some chicken feet for the hounds. Somebody was selling them frozen in 3-lb bags at the farmers' market. I figured as long as I could make room in the freezer, that was fine. Wrong. Almost needed a jackhammer to pry two feetsies out of the frozen clump.

How long will they last thawed, in the fridge? Or does somebody have a technique for the frozen ones that doesn't involve cutting one's own hand off?

Dogs were puzzled at first by these strange objects, then chomped enthusiastically.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I think they would be fine if you ran cool water over them to thaw the ice quickly without completely defrosting the feet. They will then break apart before being completely thawed. Then you could package them in more manageable quantities and re-freeze without an issue.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Agree with the above re defrosting quickly. In the fridge, *I* would trust them only a couple of days.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.