Introducing New Grey To Another Dog

Lola has been home for 3 days. She's still a bit unsure about this whole retirement thing. Eventually, I want to introduce her to Luna, my son's sweet dog. It seems too soon on one hand but I wonder if Lola will feel less anxious about going out to the yard if she has another dog with her.

Please share your thoughts on this. Of course, introductions will be made appropriately and off premises.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

We introduced my Lola and my son's Luna on a walk last night. Both girls behaved very well and greeted each other appropriately. After a nice walk together we went home and let the girls out into the yard. Perfection! Lola was much more at ease with Luna there. Luna wanted to play but Lola ignored her advances. Since my son lives right next door, I'll be letting the girls out together more often. Well done, Luna and Lola!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

We introduced Lola to my son's cat, Romero, last night. They sniffed each other and then each went their own way. Score two for Lola! There's one more introduction pending; Linda, my MIL's little terrier mix. That might happen this weekend. Lola, Luna and Linda - three versions of the same dog- black girls with white chests and feet. Lola, tall and lanky. Luna, a stocky pittie mix, and Linda, a tiny, chubby girlie. What fun!

We introduced Lola to my son's cat, Romero, last night. They sniffed each other and then each went their own way. Score two for Lola! There's one more introduction pending; Linda, my MIL's little terrier mix. That might happen this weekend. Lola, Luna and Linda - three versions of the same dog- black girls with white chests and feet. Lola, tall and lanky. Luna, a stocky pittie mix, and Linda, a tiny, chubby girlie. What fun!

This sounds like something we need to see pictures of!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

This sounds like something we need to see pictures of!

Oh, for sure! As soon as we get all three introduced and we're sure little Linda won't be trounced by the bigs.