12 Year Old Greyhound Losing All The Hair Down The Center Of Her Tail

A greyhound friend just texted me and said her 12 year old greyhound has lost all the hair down the middle of her tail. My boy's hair got thinner but it was kind of all over his tail. Has anyone seen this before or have any idea why this would happen?

I thought I would come to the experts on Greytalk. Thanks.

Is it gone in a streak all the way down the tail? Or is it gone in a patch about as wide as your hand, just in one patch nearly midway down the tail.

If the latter, it might be stud tail. (If the former, I haven't got a clue.) Pictures of stud tail here.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Colin lost the hair on his tail in a streak all over the top side. Since I started him on collagile (bioaktive collagene peptides) it has all grown back. And he has the softest fur ever.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

My grey has hairless patches on her tail. It was worse when I first got her and looked like the hair had been singed off on the centre and the tip.

Adding porridge helped grow it back but she still has a little baldness there. As well as a little baldness on the thighs still so I just thought whatever the problem was with the hairless thigh was the same with the tail.

There does not look like there is any infection or grease for it to be stud tail.