For Happy Tails

Has anyone tried this product? https://www.tail-bandit.com/

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Might be worth a try if not too expensive. I think the belt thing would freak out a male dog though. Maybe not.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Our group has done this with gauze tied loosely around the tail and the dog. The gauze didn't freak the dog any more than a spook harness or a belly band would.

But note that happy-tail dogs can still reach the tip of the tail to chew or lick... This is better for prevention than for a cure.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

But note that happy-tail dogs can still reach the tip of the tail to chew or lick... This is better for prevention than for a cure.

Not if you pair it with a muzzle.

I'm dying for someone to try this and tell me how they like it.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Not if you pair it with a muzzle.

I'm dying for someone to try this and tell me how they like it.

Muzzle. And duck tape. And the dog can still bang the injury with the muzzle and cause harm, especially if the wound is left unbandaged to get air.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Heck, I might try it now even though Jeter's happy tail has been healed for several years. I still cringe for my glass-fronted cabinet when he goes by. Enthusiastically. With full helicopter tail.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

The best thing that worked for us was taping a lightweight plastic woman's hair curler around the tip, only taping the half the curler that points towards the body, so that the tail tip is still exposed to air (it's inside the curler)but won't actually impact anything if it gets wagged. If the dog wants to bitebon the tape or curler, spray it with Bitter Apple (or the home made equivalent).

The best thing that worked for us was taping a lightweight plastic woman's hair curler around the tip, only taping the half the curler that points towards the body, so that the tail tip is still exposed to air (it's inside the curler)but won't actually impact anything if it gets wagged. If the dog wants to bitebon the tape or curler, spray it with Bitter Apple (or the home made equivalent).

This is our strategy too!

Would the dog always wear this? Just thinking about the 9-5er that needs it when coming home for work at the height of the happy tail. Its not like you could put it on the second you get home.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Would the dog always wear this? Just thinking about the 9-5er that needs it when coming home for work at the height of the happy tail. Its not like you could put it on the second you get home.

You keep it on until the tail heals. It's so lightweight that they can still wag the tail, but if it hits somethingx there is absolutely no impact on rhe tail tip itself.