Keeping Medical Records

When Taylor was diagnosed with Osteo 1/10/15, I started keeping medical records in an organized manner.

I would scan, to my computer, the discharge notes, any blood work results, and radiologist's reports.

I would make a copy of each of those papers, and put them in a manila envelope.

The originals would go into my file.

In case I ever had to race out the door to take Taylor to an e-vet or another vet, I would just be able to grab that manila envelope and I would have all of his records.

Post a copy to an account on Google Drive or Dropbox. If you're away from home when trouble happens, you can get the files if you can get to the internet. Or keep the envelope in the trunk of your car provided it's not anything that would be harmed by excessive heat. (I have a disk of x-rays of my boy's hock.)

Or email them to yourself and keep the email. Then you just call up the email on your smartphone and forward the mail to the vet.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

We were lucky in that way with Pogo. The UW emailed us discharge notes and instructions. I also had our local vet email me the results of lab work that was done for him. Our local vet also sent all the results of Pogo's lab work to the UW. Pogo's email file is large.

I also printed everything out and kept it in a file folder on the kitchen island along with all his meds. His file has been put away but the box that I kept all his meds in still sits on the island.

How is Taylor doing?

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

We were lucky in that way with Pogo. The UW emailed us discharge notes and instructions. I also had our local vet email me the results of lab work that was done for him. Our local vet also sent all the results of Pogo's lab work to the UW. Pogo's email file is large.

I also printed everything out and kept it in a file folder on the kitchen island along with all his meds. His file has been put away but the box that I kept all his meds in still sits on the island.

How is Taylor doing?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................but I think he will wake up when I whisper in his ear, "You wanna go to the gyro truck??"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............................but I think he will wake up when I whisper in his ear, "You wanna go to the gyro truck??"

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)