New Food, New Morning Issues?

Guest WildSparkler

Guest WildSparkler

Hello! Just wondering if anyone could have any insight! Roxy had been on Precise Senicare and doing well on it. But we decided to switch to Fromm (salmon) food, as I have heard good things and friends use it with good success. Mainly because the Precise was not sold in stores where we live, but is available by my parents house so we would buy a bag when we went to visit. It got annoying trying to plan when to get the next bag between visits. There is a place that carries other Precise varieties, and I could probably ask if they could special order the Senicare formula for me, or find somewhere to order online like Chewy.com or something..

But! The issue.. Roxy has been switched over for a few weeks now and is recently having more of this issue. She likes the food fine, and has always been a good eater. We have not changed feeding times either. But now it seems more recently she is getting the grumbly tummy in the mornings, like a lot of dogs get in the morning with an empty stomach, and she won't want to eat. She will eat however, if we mix in some yummy peanut butter or something..haha. But she hardly ever seemed to get grumbly tummy in the morning with the last food. The other times she had upset tummy was when we we're fighting hooks, but then that was accompanied by awful poos.. And thank the Lord her poos have still been good! So would it be possible we didn't get them all even without the icky poo? Or is it just empty stomach? Could the new food not..stick with her as well or something? That seems silly, but those are the only reasons I could think of. We have just started to split her dinner and give her a snack before bed, and that does seem to help the grumblys, but do you think we should stick it out, or try switching back to the other food? Thanks for any input/advice :)

I buy Precise Foods on Amazon using Amazon Prime. They have had the best price on Precise Senior for the last 6 plus months. Usually 8-10 dollars a bag cheaper than anywhere else. It arrives in 2 days. If you don't have Prime, I'm not sure if it is cheaper to pay shipping at Amazon or buy on Wag.com with free shipping over a certain dollar amount. You could also buy 2 at a time and get free shipping on Amazon.

Rocket is actually starting to get the moring grumbles on the Precise after 3 years of the Senior, and probably 2 years of using Foundation.Not sure what we are going to try, but we have pretty much eliminated any other cause including a bad bag, as the issue had popped up with the last few bags more than once. The Sensicare agreed with his tummy, but he kept losing too much weight on it.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Fromm has recently issued a recall for some of their foods. Not sure if it was canned or dry, but I would definitely check that out.

Also look on chewy.com for shipped dog food prices. Nothing beats having a 40 lb bag of food delivered right to your front door!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest WildSparkler

I have not looked on Amazon, good idea! We might switch back, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before we go through a switch again, in case she still has the same issues! I did see that too, greysmom, but I believe it was just the canned food? Interesting Rocket has randomly gotten rumbly tummy too for being on the same food so long -- at least Roxy isn't the only one!