For Anxious Dogs And Their Owners

Here's a link to a great article to read for those of us with shy, timid, anxious dogs. The "Spoon Theory" was originally for people with chronic illnesses, but it transfers beautifully to dealing with canine anxiety.

Unfortunately, the link to the original article in this is broken, but this piece is still very informative.

It's Only Funny Until Your Dog Runs Out Of Spoons

http://yourdogsfriend.org/spoon-theory-and-funny-dog-gifs/

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Honestly I think this is good for pretty much any dog (or person). Jake is very calm, loves people, and would usually not be considered a "nervous" dog. However, I learned that he has limits like everyone. When we have parties at the house, such as a pool party that lasts all day, he will eventually seek quiet and has even growled at people petting him, which is so out of character. It's his way of saying that he's done for the day and we respect that. Great reminder!

jakesigsmall_zps254e191c.jpg

Photographer in Phoenix, AZ www.northmountainphoto.com

Great article. It mentions somebody named Debbie Jacobs. She is wonderful, and helped me understand and accept Iker for the shy, fearful, loving guy that he is.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I've seen this article before, but it's always good to re-read something like this. Annie is so accepting and laid back she probably has 500 spoons on most days, but I am so in tune with her, how and where she sleeps, what her body language is, how her eyes look at the world, etc., that I know there are days where she has only 50 spoons.