Guest Dancer Posted August 19, 2015 Share Posted August 19, 2015 My boy Stolie was diagnosed late last September for Osteo and had an amputation Oct 2 and Chemo following. He seems to be in pain these past few months - takes a long time to recover from exertion - and we have him on metacam, gabapentin and tramadol. Despite all this, he continues to be physically strong and mentally he is playful and affectionate (thou he is really grumpy to our new whippet puppy). Over the past several months we have gotten ourselves to the point where we decided we are going to treat for pain and not pursue any other measures. The last chest x-ray he had was in May and he was clear. Our oncologist wants us to continue to come in for x-rays every 3-6 months. Has anyone else done this? I'm curious why we would do this as it isn't going to change how we are going to treat Stolie. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.