Otc Diarrhea Meds To Go With Worm Treatment?

I have a foster that we suspect has worms. She had them when she came to the group and has been treated twice so far. Stool sample went in for testing today, but we can't get a vet appointment until Friday. Since she's new to me, the vet won't prescribe any meds until he sees her.

In the meantime, she has mucous-y diarrhea. Is there anything OTC that I can give to help that?

Thanks!

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I have used pumpkin too, there are dog food companies that sell a canned food that is formulated for that with pumpkin in it, beet pulp, I have used pepto bismol tablets before too.

Edited by 3greys2cats

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I usually keep a supply of metronidazole on hand just for these ocurences. I have never had the vet say no to prescribing a 10 day supply to keep on hand.

I don't use OTC stuff like Immodium etc simply because whatever is in there inflaming the tummy needs to come out. Pepto is fine, but the stool may become very black. If you take a sample in to the vet, be sure they know if Pepto was given.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life