Heartworm Med

Guest mertz

Guest mertz

Our vet started our greyhound on Iverheart Max this winter because she occasionally catches rabbits and munches on them and in the process picked up tape worms. Her stools are very loose and I'm not sure if its related to the heartworm medicine. Has anyone noticed a problem with this medicine?

Thanks,

pat

I started cutting it up into smaller pieces and incorporating heart worm meds into the dinner. That seems to help.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I have used it for years on my dogs and love it because I believe it is effective and SAFE. I doubt very seriously if it has anything to do with the soft stool. I have used it on different breeds ages etc and have never seen any issue. Unless you count the fact they don't like to just eat it plain. I have to break it up in little pieces and put it in food like the poster above to get them to eat it but it is worth it to me as I fell confident in its effectiveness and safety. Also it is supposed to help prevent tapeworm-which I don't think a lot of the others, if any, do.

FWIW my crew have loose poo for about a day after they get their monthly Heartgard, then they are fine. Most likely culprit is the ivermectin, according to my vet, and nothing to worry about unless it's really severe.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest mertz

Thanks for the information. For the time being we are adding yogurt again and she off extra treats. The yogurt helps some and I know it's important to keep her on the med so she doesn't end up with tape worms again. ThanKs again!