Amicar Source

It's available by prescription. Go to www.goodrx.com and put in your zip code. Search for amicar, and the site should tell you who carries it in your area and how much it costs. Watch for coupons that can reduce the cost a lot. (Some pharmacies may not have it on hand, but they can order it.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest OPointyDog

Our vet's office just called around to the local pharmacies in the area to find it when we had excessive bleeding after a dental - turns out the only one who had it on hand was Walmart. I don't care to shop at Walmart, but made an exception in this case!

I called around.

Wal-Mart 5 minutes away said they had it in stock!!!!

Had my vet call in the prescription.

2 hours later, I got a call from another pharmacy......they had been transferred the prescription.

I went, "huh????.... why??"

Was told because Wal-Mart did NOT have it in stock, but this other pharmacy would order it?

GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Called Wal-Mart. Their inventory was wrong. They called around. Found a place who would order it in for me.

It's in and I will pick it up Saturday.

Argh, but so glad that you are able to have the Amicar on hand.

Question: if the Amicar isn't used, how long will it be good on our home shelf?

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am glad you were able to get it. When Molly's surgery was scheduled unexpectedly quick, I was calling around on Sat, surgery was Monday, so no time to order it. I eventually found a Walgreen's in N. Scottsdale that had it, about a 45 min drive, and not cheap.

Good question, about shelf life.

That's not too bad a price, I paid $98/15 two years ago.

I believe a one year expiration date is pretty standard for meds that aren't really short term. I have heard that if kept out of light and heat, most should still be good at least one year past that date, but of course, I'd like to hear from someone who really knows :)

That's not too bad a price, I paid $98/15 two years ago.

I believe a one year expiration date is pretty standard for meds that aren't really short term. I have heard that if kept out of light and heat, most should still be good at least one year past that date, but of course, I'd like to hear from someone who really knows :)

How many pills did you get?

The label says to use before 4/1/16, filled 4/3/15.

Thank you!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.