Canned Food From Costco

Does anyone here use the canned dog food from Costco ? I noticed it the other day but it never dawned on me to buy a case to see if Ruby likes it. I can't even remember what flavor it is, maybe chicken ? If you use it, do you mix it with kibbleor feed it by itself ? How many cans a day do you feed if fed alone ? I do remember the cans are red.

Ruby has been on a raw diet for the last week or so and is now starting to ignore it. I am thinking I am going to have to keep her guessing by switching things up on a regular basis.

Any issues with the canned ? I have never tried it except as a topper and have never used Costco brand.

Karen

I used it with no problems at all when Heyokha had to be on soft food post-dental. He loved it. But then again, he loves everything :lol He's on the dry version of their food normally (Natures Domain Turkey-Sweet Potato).

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I use the Natures Domain canned...it is in a red can and I believe turkey something. The dogs all like it but I do not have picky eaters.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Is the Natures Domain canned grain free? I've been buying a canned food from Petsmart that I really like for Kong filling (dogs are otherwise raw fed) but its really expensive. I never thought to check Costco.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Jen, It is canned grain free but it is in little chunks so not sure if you would like it for kong filling or not.

http://costcocouple.com/natures-domain-turkey-and-pea-stew-dog-food/

Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Jen, It is canned grain free but it is in little chunks so not sure if you would like it for kong filling or not.

http://costcocouple.com/natures-domain-turkey-and-pea-stew-dog-food/

Cool, thanks! That looks like it might actually work for us. Unfortunately it's just a try it and see situation. One of the other grain free foods we tried had potato in it and didn't sit well with the dogs, but this last one has been good, even if it bulks them up a little. Chunks are no problem, I just smash it down in there with a spoon.

Now to hope my Costco carries it. :goodluck

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

The one in Frederick does, Jen, so let me know if you need me to pick up a case for you before this weekend :) (I don't think it's sold by the can, just by the case, but I could be wrong).

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Sold by the case here for about $18 I think...I just got some last weekend. Such a weird world at my house...I have three dogs that will eat anything now. So good price for what looks like a decent food.

The one in Frederick does, Jen, so let me know if you need me to pick up a case for you before this weekend :) (I don't think it's sold by the can, just by the case, but I could be wrong).

Thanks for offering! If you happen to be going in the next 2 days then that would be great and I can give you cash, but don't make a special trip. There are Costco's relatively close to both my office and Coventry so it's not that tough for me to check one or both. I suspect if yours carries it, mine will too.

Sold by the case here for about $18 I think...I just got some last weekend. Such a weird world at my house...I have three dogs that will eat anything now. So good price for what looks like a decent food.

I can't remember the exact case price online but it came to just a little over $1/can. I am paying over $3/can for this stuff I've been getting at Petsmart!! :o