Blood Outside Of The Crate

So my DW came home to dried blood on the floor out side of the crate.

Dino was normal happy and no sign of anything wrong,no blood him, but he didn't have is tag collar on.

He is normal happy, Ate, Drink,pee and pooped all normal.

To the vet nothing, wrong. Maybe bloody nose sneeze or maybe bloody pee.

Well just chased him around the back yard with a solo cup and there is no blood in his pee.

Any ideas?

1017141816.jpg

Dino and Stella

Maybe just a nick on his tongue?

Best to use no collar at all in the crate. I leave the collar on the floor right outside the crate door, if I don't have a hook for it. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Wow, looks gruesome! Maybe a small nick on the ear or tail? Those things can bleed like crazy and when they shake it can look like a murder scene.

Don't you just wish they could talk?!?! Maybe Dino was trying to make a Halloween video...

I hope your beautiful boy doesn't have any more trouble.

Edited by sdisto

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

I agree with Batmom. My tag collar is left by Tigger's crate, and it goes over his head as he steps out of the crate. (He's learned to wait for it.)

Meanwhile, tongue is a good guess. Also, check the edges of his ears. If he clawed at the collar when he got caught, he might have scratched an ear. The blood spatter indicates something shaken and slinging off blood, so shaking his head could do it.

And if you ever spot blood spatter at the rear of his crate, check his tail. ;)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest normaandburrell

That looks like a lot of blood. If it came off his tongue it would be mixed with saliva and look like even more. I agree check the mouth, ears, and tail, as he had to be shaking his head or wagging his tail for it to be spread out like that.

Thanks everyone collar will be off in the crate for now on and back to video taping him during the day.

DW moved the crate and fond more blood on the blinds next to the crate.

Yes I sort of wish Dino could talk, but if he could he would probably complain abut the overly affectionate bald guy who is always petting and huging him.

Dino and Stella

Nose, ears, tail, even dew claws - looks like he shook to get the blood all over like that. But it's not very much blood - just splattered far and wide - so it stopped fairly quickly.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly