Tatum Question

Shirley44

We are worried of what will happen

In May we got the lump taken out, the vet said he couldn't take it all out cause it was too close to a nerve. That it would come back

It started comming back in June :(

Tatumseptembre2014.jpg

We are worried her leg will break :'(

She's eating, running around, acting just fine

She's not limping

What can we expect will happen, when will it be time ?

We don't want her to suffer

Shirley

:'(

Edited by Shirley44

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

Is the tumor affecting the bone or is it just soft tissue? Sometimes these kinds of tumors can be removed again (and again).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Is the tumor affecting the bone or is it just soft tissue? Sometimes these kinds of tumors can be removed again (and again).

its attached to the bone :(

siggy%201.jpg

Are you sure it's a soft tissue sarcoma? Soft tissue sarcomas don't have a high risk of metastasis but are often locally aggressive, so it could be affecting the bone. Has she had x-rays done to see if the bone is compromised? I'd recommend doing a consult with Dr. Couto, or asking your vet to contact him: http://coutovetconsultants.com/

Soft tissue sarcomas can often be treated with surgery followed by local injections of a chemotherapy agent called 5-FU, but not sure if it would be as successful if it's attached to the bone. My whippet had one over his elbow (no bone involvement, though) that we used this protocol with. He had surgery first, then 4 weekly injections of 5-FU. Dr. Couto consulted with my local oncologist to give them all the details of the protocol.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Are you sure it's a soft tissue sarcoma? Soft tissue sarcomas don't have a high risk of metastasis but are often locally aggressive, so it could be affecting the bone. Has she had x-rays done to see if the bone is compromised? I'd recommend doing a consult with Dr. Couto, or asking your vet to contact him: http://coutovetconsultants.com/

Soft tissue sarcomas can often be treated with surgery followed by local injections of a chemotherapy agent called 5-FU, but not sure if it would be as successful if it's attached to the bone. My whippet had one over his elbow (no bone involvement, though) that we used this protocol with. He had surgery first, then 4 weekly injections of 5-FU. Dr. Couto consulted with my local oncologist to give them all the details of the protocol.

We are in Quebec Canada do you think Dr Couto could be consulted ?

siggy%201.jpg

Sending good thoughts for your boy. :hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Did your vet discuss other treatment options? Macy had a fibrosarcoma removed last December and they were not able to get clean margins. We were presented with several options (5FU, radiation, and long term, low dose oral chemo). After discussing all options we decided on long term oral chemo and it seems to be working.

Can another surgery be performed to remove the new growth, or have you had it biopsied to determine if it's the same type of cancer?

And definitely contact Dr. Couto... He's wonderful and responsive.

I just talked to my vet she said it was written in the biopsie report that it was soft tissu sarcoma.

When the surgery was done in May there was nothing on the bone, it was around the nerve.

siggy%201.jpg