Otis Is Not Putting Weight On One Of His Back Leg...

Josie

Tuesday evening Otis (6 year old) slip on the hardwood floor when he got excited to go for his walk, he did the split with his back-legs... He yelp a little but he is a drama king, he got up by himself before I could help him and continued to dance to go for his walk... Yesterday morning he seemed to walk a little different, not really limping..

When I came back from work yesterday Otis did not put weight on his right back leg when standing, he limp a little when walking but always walk on his 4 leg (no 3 leg walk).

This morning it is the same, no 3 leger but a little limp and no weight while standing.

I don't see anything on his pads, no injuries (Otis is prone to get glass pieces in his pads), no visible corn...

DH touch is leg and back everywhere and move the leg in all directions and Otis did not cry.

No more painting then usual, Otis eats good, does his business..

I think he pulled a muscle.. should I see a vet to get NSAID or wait a little more to see how it goes?

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

If it were me, I'd wait another 24 hours but then I'm not one who panics and/or thinks the worse quickly so I may not me the best one to give advice.

thanks ;) wish I would be like you ;)

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

I'm dealing with limping from Ryder for years off and on whenever he decides to get a little rowdy. I would guess he pulled a muscle...I'm sure if you did the splits you might not feel good a couple days later ;)

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Unfortunately this morning my Peggy started limping and not putting much weight on a back foot as well, but she's always favoured that one a bit.

I'm going to take her walking easy and on grass only, and wait til after the weekend too. Obviously I would go the the vet sooner if she was in a lot of pain.

All we Greyhound people hate it when they develop a limp and imagine all kinds of nasty things, but unless you think positively it can drive you crazy before you actually need to face up to anything.

Prayers and healing thoughts for all limping Greys today.

See if you can see underneath him, where his legs attach to his hips, and see if there's any bruising that might indicate he tore a muscle doing the splits. Most likely, he's stiff and sore from the maneuver, but a serious injury is possible. I would wait, but be watchful, and limit his exercise to slow walking on softer surfaces. Vet if he's still limping Monday.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly