I Know This Has Been Asked A Lot,,but Is It Close To Time?

Guest FordRacingRon

Guest FordRacingRon

I would check with your vet but AFAIK, they can stay on indefinitely as long as there's no suspicion of a blockage.

When this fiasco started she was x rayed for blockage, of course that was 3-4 weeks ago. I have to see him anyway so I will let him know what we are doing. Thank you, wise sage.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, just glad your girlie is doing a bit better :wub: . Hope that continues for you!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

When our girls were getting older and fussier, we have been successful feeding them cans of tuna in water . The smell was strong and I think it enticed them. I can't say the desire for it always lasted, but it has worked for a while. I never gave them a lot at one time tho. Just a teaspoon or so in each dish of kibble softened with warm water. Good luck.

Just catching up on this, so glad to hear she is feeling better! On the sudden change in likes/dislikes, if something gives them an upset tummy, a stomach bug, IBD, antibiotic, whatever, they can associate what they are eating with feeling bad and go off the food. I had a girl that reacted badly to an antibiotic and overnight quit eating the food she had previously loved. Never would eat that food again!

Guest FordRacingRon

Just catching up on this, so glad to hear she is feeling better! On the sudden change in likes/dislikes, if something gives them an upset tummy, a stomach bug, IBD, antibiotic, whatever, they can associate what they are eating with feeling bad and go off the food. I had a girl that reacted badly to an antibiotic and overnight quit eating the food she had previously loved. Never would eat that food again!

This is sort of what I was thinking about her kibble for the canned food she was eating to go along with it. Maybe one of those two things are what made her sick initially and put her off now. Sort of like when I was food poisoned at Burger King. 14 years before I would try it again,,and when I was a teen I was poisoned by Lasagna,,,still can't enjoy it 45 years later.

• 2 months later...

We had Pollo Loco for dinner tonight and I thought of you guys. :)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest FordRacingRon

We had Pollo Loco for dinner tonight and I thought of you guys. :)

Funny. She finally got over that but for the longest time it was just chicken thigh and nothing else. Now her pretty much everyday diet is hamburger and kibble. The only kibble I found she will tolerate is this chicken and something made by Purina but it is a new no grain formula. But lately her breakfast has been a chicken thigh. And 2 weeks ago we went to El Pollo and she got her favorite.

Funny. She finally got over that but for the longest time it was just chicken thigh and nothing else. Now her pretty much everyday diet is hamburger and kibble. The only kibble I found she will tolerate is this chicken and something made by Purina but it is a new no grain formula. But lately her breakfast has been a chicken thigh. And 2 weeks ago we went to El Pollo and she got her favorite.

I'm glad she's still enjoying El Pollo. Your post made me smile, thank you for the update. Those brindle girls are special. :beatheart

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)