Creatinine Level Is 16- Wth ?

thanks for the ideas. I will talk to the vet tomorrow.

We just got back from a walk that she insisted on going on with her sister (Shana). Go figure. She looked good up and about which adds to the confusion!! She peed, pooped and snuffled about like a pro??!! One day at a time i guess.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Your beautiful girl :wub: I had started this list for Zeke-aroni and completed it for Seamie. :grouphug

Noms I might enjoy today. But KNOT tomorrow. But perhaps again another time (pick a day …)

Compiled by: A senior hound

Kibble: pulverized; wet with chicken broth or water

Chicken: ground; breast or thigh nuked and cut into pieces; rotisserie

Turkey: ditto

Beef: ground; cheezberger plane

Sardine Saturday

Peanut butter: plane or on anything!

Scrambled eggs; plane or add cheese (cottage; cheddar, American, spray, shakey)

Scrambled eggs with ground turkey or chicken (add cheese?)

Pasta, any shape

Egg noodles, plane or with: butter, peanut butter, ground chicken, turkey, or beef

Waffles, with butter; peanut butter; syrup (small amount)

Pancakes: ditto

Oatmeal: ditto

TEXAS Toast, with butter or peanut butter

Ensure (vanilla or strawberry)

Vanilla ice cream or yogurt

Applesauce

Liverwurst, sparingly

Hot dogs, chicken, turkey, beef; boiled; sliced small & nuked til crisp; use as meal/topper.

Shakey cheese

Any cheese!

Assorted canned noms: Merrick’s Grandma’s ChickenPotPie, 95% Tripe, any flavor!;

Purina One chicken; whatever flavors they’ll eat: Alpo or Pedigree

Natural Balance (or other) rolls

Canned puppy food to keep weight on old bones

Crockpot Stew:

water, broccoli, canned (real) pumpkin, white rice, chicken breast, water

Lemon Loaf

Peanut Better Biscuits

Cereal: Chex Mix, Cheerios, Kellogg’s Corn Pops, Apple Jacks

Bananas

Apples

Green Beans

Zucchini

Sweet potato: nuked or baked; plane or with butter

Instant potatoes

Vanilla Oreos

White bread, with seedless strawberry jam (PB&J!)

Your LEFTOVERS!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I hope it helps your girlie eat something. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm sorry for what you're going through, but this post makes my heart hurt--for your dog.

She has a painful, terminal disease. What are you waiting for?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

If you have nothing nice to say, go away! You are not looking in her eyes , I am and you do not add anything here . I am not a fool and I know when it is time then it is time. Thanks for the kind thoughts to the others.

... and this is why people leave Greytalk. Compassion ChickenArms, look it up.

Edited by nessa

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

If you have nothing nice to say, go away! You are not looking in her eyes , I am and you do not add anything here . I am not a fool and I know when it is time then it is time. Thanks for the kind thoughts to the others.

... and this is why people leave Greytalk. Compassion ChickenArms, look it up.

And yet... there is so much good here. I've lost THREE dogs to CRF over the years and each one in different timescales. It is a hellish roller-coaster ride trying to keep them eating and enjoying life. I think the time to let them go is when they start to give up on drinking because not soon after they'll be getting into seizures and other horrible things.

Try to get your vet to prescribe Iams renal diet. I think their nitrogen fixing fiber idea is a viable one.

Also visit K9Kidneys site today.

Your beautiful girl :wub: I had started this list for Zeke-aroni and completed it for Seamie. :grouphug

Noms I might enjoy today. But KNOT tomorrow. But perhaps again another time (pick a day …)

Compiled by: A senior hound

Kibble: pulverized; wet with chicken broth or water

Chicken: ground; breast or thigh nuked and cut into pieces; rotisserie

Turkey: ditto

Beef: ground; cheezberger plane

Sardine Saturday

Peanut butter: plane or on anything!

Scrambled eggs; plane or add cheese (cottage; cheddar, American, spray, shakey)

Scrambled eggs with ground turkey or chicken (add cheese?)

Pasta, any shape

Egg noodles, plane or with: butter, peanut butter, ground chicken, turkey, or beef

Waffles, with butter; peanut butter; syrup (small amount)

Pancakes: ditto

Oatmeal: ditto

TEXAS Toast, with butter or peanut butter

Ensure (vanilla or strawberry)

Vanilla ice cream or yogurt

Applesauce

Liverwurst, sparingly

Hot dogs, chicken, turkey, beef; boiled; sliced small & nuked til crisp; use as meal/topper.

Shakey cheese

Any cheese!

Assorted canned noms: Merrick’s Grandma’s ChickenPotPie, 95% Tripe, any flavor!;

Purina One chicken; whatever flavors they’ll eat: Alpo or Pedigree

Natural Balance (or other) rolls

Canned puppy food to keep weight on old bones

Crockpot Stew:

water, broccoli, canned (real) pumpkin, white rice, chicken breast, water

Lemon Loaf

Peanut Better Biscuits

Cereal: Chex Mix, Cheerios, Kellogg’s Corn Pops, Apple Jacks

Bananas

Apples

Green Beans

Zucchini

Sweet potato: nuked or baked; plane or with butter

Instant potatoes

Vanilla Oreos

White bread, with seedless strawberry jam (PB&J!)

Your LEFTOVERS!!

awesome list! I will copy it for (sadly) the next time I need it. I would also add, stinky canned cat food :)

And yet... there is so much good here. I've lost THREE dogs to CRF over the years and each one in different timescales. It is a hellish roller-coaster ride trying to keep them eating and enjoying life. I think the time to let them go is when they start to give up on drinking because not soon after they'll be getting into seizures and other horrible things.

Try to get your vet to prescribe Iams renal diet. I think their nitrogen fixing fiber idea is a viable one.

Also visit K9Kidneys site today.

This. For the greater part, compassion is the norm. However, the continued lack of compassion and negative comments are truly wearing and not necessary.

Aquitaine is my first CRF girl but I my plan is similar to yours in that when she stops drinking I will send her to the bridge. I lost my last girl to a status seizure that started when she was alone in our apartment. I won't have Aquitaine go through that if I can help it.

I love the list of foods that might work today, but perhaps not tomorrow. I also endorse the liver sprinkles. There are days when A is slow to start eating but I just sprinkle those (I crushed dehydrated liver treats) on top and her hoover instincts kick right in...unless she wants to play me for more sprinkles!

You love your girl, you can be trusted to do what is right for her. We will all be here to support you.

I am very sorry for your girl I know you are doing the best you can for her - and you love her very much. my thoughts and prayers are with you.