Red Spot?

Guest TatumJ

Guest TatumJ

We recently adopted our first greyhound a week ago and she has been doing awesome. Today we noticed a weird red spot on her inner groin area and are unsure of what it could be? She is on Frontline Plus because we are waiting on her Rx for Sentinel to come in. I was just hoping that someone could tell us what this could maybe be. We do live in northwest FL so there are all kinds of weird bugs around lol. Thanks! Also, I am new to this forum so I don't know how to add a photo, I am going to try to post a link to one uploaded to photobucket.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b630/tatumh1/image_zps7ed8d9cf.jpeg

Looks like a bug bite--may actually be pus filled. I would clean it well preferably with a diluted chlorhexadine solution, pat dry and apply a triple antibiotic ointment. Obviously if it worsens you need to give your vet a ring.

Congrats on your new adoption--welcome to the cult! ;-). More pics please <3

Guest TatumJ

Looks like a bug bite--may actually be pus filled. I would clean it well preferably with a diluted chlorhexadine solution, pat dry and apply a triple antibiotic ointment. Obviously if it worsens you need to give your vet a ring.

Congrats on your new adoption--welcome to the cult! ;-). More pics please <3

Thank you, how do I add pictures on to here?

image_zps7ed8d9cf.jpeg

Not sure what it is, but it does look pus filled. I'd do what was suggested above.

btw, you just need to copy and paste the IMG code for pics

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest TatumJ

I tried that and it said that the code isn't accepted on the site? Is there another image site that I should be using instead of photobucket?

I tried that and it said that the code isn't accepted on the site? Is there another image site that I should be using instead of photobucket?

I copied it from your pic in photobucket, so photobucket isn't the problem (I don't think so anyway). Are you trying to copy the IMG code? I think it's second from the bottom in pb.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest TatumJ

Let me see if this works. This is our Bonnie :) she finished her last race on June 3rd and is 2 years old.

image1_zpsb00cb93e.jpeg

Edited by TatumJ

Bonnie's lovely! You've gotten good advice above, but FWIW Sweep has also had some red spots on her belly and inner thighs lately, and we're also in muggy, buggy central. She didn't seem bothered by them and I haven't done anything, and they've gone away on their own within a few days.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest UnFROGettable

Looks like a fire ant bite, or a spider bite. Follow the advice to clean it well and keep an eye on it. Don't pop it!! If it gets bigger or the redness spreads...time for a vet visit. This time of year all sorts of nasty bugs are around in FL. I'm picking ticks off Stryker almost on a daily basis :(

Guest TatumJ

Her racing name was Boc's Bonjour. We were able to find several videos of her online which was neat :) Thank you all for the advice. We will just have to keep a close eye on it.