Medication Information Needed

Hello All,

A friend of mine just came back from Europe and brought me back some Antibiotic cream to use on my hounds that he says is very good. The name of the cream is Mibazon. I have never heard of it before and have not been able to find much information on it.

Have any of you heard of it or used it. I do not want to use it without more information.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

Guest grey_dreams

It appears to be manufactured in Romania. According to this site, it contains tetracycline, erythromycin, neomycin, and prednisolone. Also found a number of forum posts from people who like to use it, even though it is manufactured as a veterinary product. Personally, if it were my animals, I wouldn't use it.

Edited to add: If your dogs are having problems that they need topical antibiotic containing steroid, it would be better to obtain an ointment from your vet in Canada.

Edited by grey_dreams

In my opinion, antibiotic creams in general aren't all that useful compared with other options. What issue are you hoping to resolve by using it?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

• 7 years later...

i have ENTEDERM which is very similar- the stuff is worth it's weight in gold! i just used it on an inflamed nail bed. it was inflamed from impact and salt/chemicals on the road. i cleaned it, applied the ointment 3xs daily and i saw a marked improvement in 3 days. the key is not to abuse a drug w/ steroids or antibiotics. 

so, i say, use gingerly as you would with any drug and if an improvement is not observed in a short period of time, see your vet.