Charlies Gotchya Day Today!

I wanted to give a brief background on my Charlie. He has a "gotchya" day rather than a birthday as he has no tatoos. I worked in a local Greyhound Shelter for 1 1/2 years and loved all the dogs and gave individual attention to all. I was there as staff 8 hrs a day, 4 days a week. I took pride in bringing the very shy ones around who were eventually adopted. Charlie remained for 10 months because he was so fearful of strangers. People would look at him and admire his beauty but he would stay at the back of the stall. Charlie got a long with all the dogs, we would only let two at a time out together for a run to make sure they got a long, muzzled at first. All his friends 1 by 1 got adopted.

I'll leave out the part why i left the shelter but knew i had to take Charlie with me, My husband and I took our 10 yr old (at the time) female German Shepherd to meet him. She loves all people but can be a little reactive with strange dogs but loved Charlie immediately. So it is two years today he is part of out family, we love him so much.

He was never on the track but found starving, mutilated tail, curled up in someones barn in Indiana. He had been spotted for over a month but now they had him in his weak state and brought him to the vet. He has a little boxer tail now that wags. His foster mom brought him to the shelter i was at in MA in hopes he would find a home and be loved. She already had 5 dogs and couldn't keep him. I've been told they use Greys as hunters in parts of the South and we suspect that's what Charlie was bred for. He is 90 lbs of muscle. Broader than most Greys but is a Grey. He is now loved and in his forever home!

So glad you and Charlie found each other! Happy Gotcha Day to Charlie! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Thanks all! He is special and we look at him daily thankful he is with us. I haven't figured out how to upload pics here yet but will soon.

Seems you can't upload pics from your computer but has to be from a place like photo bucket.? Still getting used to navigating the site.