Strange Behaviour With Garage Door Opener

Guest Branna

Hi, Everybody:

I was just wondering if anyone's grey has ever acted strangely when their garage door opened. Every time we open ours, Magnify gets very excited and starts rooing and pulling and dancing... you get the idea. I was just wondering if perhaps this might remind him of his past glory days on the track at the gate and he thinks that he's not going to get a good start. :)

Any ideas? Thanks!

Rocket knows that it means one or both of us has arrived at home. 5 years in, he still gets very happy and excited when he hears the garage door, and is waiting at the door with tail wagging to greet the arriving person.

We also use the garage to enter and exit for walks, so that gives him another reason to be excited when he hears the door.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Rocket knows that it means one or both of us has arrived at home. 5 years in, he still gets very happy and excited when he hears the garage door, and is waiting at the door with tail wagging to greet the arriving person.

We also use the garage to enter and exit for walks, so that gives him another reason to be excited when he hears the door.

This. When the dogs hear the garage, they know someone has arrived. He is so cute, BTW.

Edited by Acadianarose

61bd4941-fc71-4135-88ca-2d22dbd4b59a_zps

Payton, The Greyhound (Palm City Pelton) and Toby, The Lab
Annabella and Julietta, The Cats
At the Bridge - Abby, The GSD

This. When the dogs hear the garage, they know someone has arrived. He is so cute, BTW.

Aww, Thank you (we think so). Yes that would make sense that they would be excited if that's the way we came in and went out, but we really only use the front door. Anyway, thank you all!