What Are You Working On?

Fun!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is working on anything? Sad. :( We need some training videos people! Don't let me completely take over this thread! Even if you're just training basic obedience... get those cameras rolling and lets see it! :)

Here's a compilation of Kili at the new indoor centre we've been going to. I had a tonne of footage so I decided to get a little creative with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHN56f8twlI&feature=youtu.be

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Ooooo, Kili's weaves are really coming along since the last clip I watched. :)

We're training, just not videoing. Maybe next session.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Ooooo, Kili's weaves are really coming along since the last clip I watched. :)We're training, just not videoing. Maybe next session.

Thanks. She was pretty exhausted by the time I got the camera out so her weaves are pretty slow in the clips from today (blue shirt, white leg warmers), also I added that third set of poles which definitely makes a difference!

I'm going to get Brandi back to obedience this weekend, as long as I've shaken this damn virus I've had for a week. I'm also thinking about trying some tracking with Paige. We'll see.

Tracking! Fun! Dooooo it!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I will. Unfortunately, the place running the course is $250 and starts tomorrow night, so that won't be happening. Health-wise, not good. But I really think it's something she'd enjoy. She loves the hunt and the chase, but detests obedience and agility type activities. Brandi loves them!

Great video! Good job!

I think Spriet would love to do more agility, but I don't have a place to practice.

I still go to the "fun" classes(obedience/agility). The last time we used a hula hoop the whole class. Learning the dogs how to jump through the hoop, pointing your dog in the direction of the hoop, learning the dogs to gently touch the hoop and walk backwards through the hoop. Useless tricks, but fun :lol

Spriet loves to do all kinds of tricks. Will try to make a video soon...

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Guest Clawsandpaws

We have been working hard! Posting videos just drives me nuts. Dudley now has a 99% leave it rate. He is also doing exceptionally well at "wait" he once broke out of his wait command, and with one "Uh Uh" he turned his butt right back and ran to his bed. I no longer have to hold the food bowl in my hand or be next to his bed to get him to lay in it. I can be on the couch, tell him to lie down, and he follows 99% of the time. I can't say 100% because sometimes he literally gets "sassy" with me, I can almost see the wheels in his brain working saying "screw you lady, gimme my food!" things are going well!

Yay for Dudley!

We need Bu agility videos!

Like us on Facebook!

Guest Clawsandpaws

ETA: pardon my weird boxer shorts, did NOT even think about what I was wearing before I put something on the internet. LOL

Edited by Clawsandpaws

Love it! Love the greyhound happy prance. Summit does it too and it's pretty ridiculous.

ETA: pardon my weird boxer shorts, did NOT even think about what I was wearing before I put something on the internet. LOL

You are not really training dogs until you have posted videos of yourself on the internet training your dogs in some form of pyjamas.

Like us on Facebook!

I think you may be underestimating Sailor. Why expend precious mental and physical energy, not to mention valuable nap time, racing around doing what you're told?

No really, Sailor is dumb. We go to my friends house often. She has a fenced in yard. Sailor goes out and forgets how to come back in and we have to go fetch him. This can happen multiple times in a day.

In obedience class even out very advanced teacher couldn't figure out how to get him to learn certain things.

Thankfully he's very pretty.

Yay for Dudley!

We need Bu agility videos!

It's hard to get video of myself!

It's hard to get video of myself!

Tripod, stool, chair, floor. :) How do you think I get videos? It is not because DBF is so wonderful that he will be my video man! Besides, it is SO incredibly useful to watch videos of yourself training or handling. You notice things you had no idea you were doing/not doing!

Like us on Facebook!

Tripod, stool, chair, floor. :) How do you think I get videos? It is not because DBF is so wonderful that he will be my video man! Besides, it is SO incredibly useful to watch videos of yourself training or handling. You notice things you had no idea you were doing/not doing!

I only have my phone. How do I prop it up?

Meh, just stick something behind it. Water bottle, treat bag, toy, whatever. Or get a classmate or instructor to film every once in awhile. I started it and now all 3 of us in the class constantly ask one another to film a couple runs.

Like us on Facebook!

All I have is my phone but we'll try. Just had our second basic obedience class. Clarice is doing really well :)

I had posted a separate thread about her rocking her first homework assignments :) We're working on sit-stays right now and she does pretty well but is so excited by food that she sometimes forgets she gets the food if she DOESN'T move. :lol

We're also working on heel position and training ME on how to get her to sit where I want her :lol She will sit next to me but she backs up a couple of steps first, so she's too far back. Need to train ME to remember to lure her more forward than some others have to.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Clarice did really well in class tonight. She's doing better with stays and tonight we introduced Down. She wants to stand up from her sit and bend over to get the bait. She will, however, allow me to pull her front legs forward to get her into the down. I'm wondering now if she will go down from a standing position easier (and if that is "allowed"?).

Clarice did really well in class tonight. She's doing better with stays and tonight we introduced Down. She wants to stand up from her sit and bend over to get the bait. She will, however, allow me to pull her front legs forward to get her into the down. I'm wondering now if she will go down from a standing position easier (and if that is "allowed"?).

I prefer to ask for the down from a stand as most hounds are inclined to slide into a down from the sit. I'm not sure it makes a difference, but I like to think if I don't encourage it that they'll be less inclined. So I ask for a stand from the sit and then ask for the down from the stand.

Like us on Facebook!

Guest Lillypad

Ha,Ha, Great job everyone, I so enjoy watching videos of everyone's progress and of your hounds. I wouldn't dare post a video, till I loose the 10 pounds the camera puts on my butt.... LOL, not fair I know, when I love looking at other's videos so much. We are working on a lot of agility, Lilly is doing well, I am so pleased with her especially since we had such a complicated winter that really slowed things down in the practice department.

Something finally clicked for Clarice and she will now reliably do "Down"... As an owner and someone fairly inexperienced with training dogs to do more than sit and generally behave, the feeling I got today when we FINALLY got this movement together is just AWESOME!

It seemed hopeless for us earlier this week. I'm still having to do a little bit of luring, but I'm not going all the way to the floor anymore. At the beginning of our session today I was still having trouble getting her to do it AT ALL, even luring her to the floor.

She also does "stay" much longer when she is down vs. sitting. I can walk further away from her without her getting up :)

We'll be at my folks' place tomorrow for Easter - I'll see if she will work at their place and if so, I'll have my mom record us :)

It has been a while since I've posted about Nova. She has gone to her first meet n greet and did great. She now knows sit reliably (no lure) and down (still with lure). She has almost stopped leaving the room when something she doesn't expect happens, but instead looks to me to see if it is OK. I'm very proud of how brave she has become and how quickly she is catching on.

Good job guys! Let's see some videos. ;)

Like us on Facebook!