We Are Adopting A Brood Mommy!

Guest twoskinnydogs

Guest twoskinnydogs

Hello everyone! I've been off GT for a while but decided to come back. In the past week I have decided to add another hound to the pack. I first saw her about two months ago when the retiring brood moms were posted for adoption. I looked and lurked and looked again. Last week I made the decision that I wanted this beautiful broodie. Her racing name is Flying Cleburne. She will be 9 years old on January 19th. She is a litter mate to the famous All American Flying Bridgeport. She has 26 puppies registered and 8 more that are under 12 weeks old. I was told by the kennel owner where she has been that she is a sweet and kind soul. One of the pictures below was taken as she was being weaned and you can clearly see she is holding milk for the pups. She will catch the hauler and arrive at Tri State this coming Tuesday! I am sooo excited to be able to experience a broodie :) I have worked with them in the kennel environment but never in my home.

This was taken about two months ago

1374171_10200958990440867_759370501_n_zp

Love her tongue <3

1374101_10200959005001231_1067388890_n_z

This was taken by her trainer, Shelley at the Woodlands in 2006 (sorry it is a little blurry)

Greyhound_Flying_Cleburne-big_zps72bdf07

Edited by twoskinnydogs

Congrats! She looks like a real sweetie. You have quite the pack going now.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Good to see you back Jason, and your future broodie too!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Such a pretty girl! Congratulations! Hope you'll stick around and show up lots of pictures when she gets home. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 3 weeks later...

In Sept I adopted my 1st brood mama. Dee is also special needs. She's not nearly as alpha as I had expected but she's as sweet as could be.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)