My Little Girl Suddenly Blind

Guest Rob1969in

Hello All, I am very sad that to say that my precious Lulu went to sleep for the final time earlier today, it was a brain tumor and there was nothing that could be done for her, I had 6 beautiful years with her and I am completely heartbroken, I am an aethist and I don't care what happens to me when I die but I so hope I am wrong and that animals do have an afterlife, because life is too short for them.

I thank Lulu for many precious memories, I don't know how I will ever get over her ,she was the perfect dog I will miss her so much.

I'm in the same boat as you--a total atheist, but I really, really want to believe that the Rainbow Bridge is real, for my pets. I'm so sorry about your loss.

I'm very sorry to read this. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very sorry for your loss. There are no words to help you heal only time will do that.

-Joel

Gwen (07/2003-11/2009),  * Maya (cancer , 06/2003-10/2013), *Ollie (cancer 07/2013 - 10/2018), *Azalea (cancer, 7/6/2015 - 5/20/2019), Ashe (cancer 04/2011 - 03/2020)

*Aztec (sister of Inca, 12/1996-08/2011), *Inca (half-Siamese kitty ,12/1996 - 9/2016)

I'm so sorry that your perfect girl is gone. I hope that she is doing what she loves most right now, whatever that might be. Goodnight, sweet girl.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Oh, I'm so very sorry that Lulu had a brain tumor, and has passed. My heart is breaking for you. I hope you can find a bit of peace knowing there was nothing that could have been done. I am so relieved she was able to spend her final days inside her own home with you. Hopefully, Lulu has already met up with her best friend Malcolm over the bridge. You are in our positive thoughts during this difficult time of loss.

:f_white

Guest Rob1969in

Many Thanks all for your lovely replies, I am heartbroken that Lulu has gone, haven't stopped crying ,she was such a beautiful little dog and seeing her lying on the blanket in the vets will haunt me forever ,I will obviously get another in time as my house is empty without a Greyhound, but Lulu will forever be my little princess, I am proud to know that I gave her six years of being pampered after her hard life as a racer but I so wish I could cuddle her again xx

http://youtu.be/MsEFOd3AQL0

Wow, she was amazing flying over those hurdles! What a special girl she was... your wonderful photos of her are worth a thousand words. I'm so happy you have videos of her to keep her wonderful spirit alive.

This thread topic might get locked preventing people from adding new replies. If it does, please feel free to add a post with your video link about your lovely Lulu in the Remembrance section. That thread would be able to stay open. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video. We can imagine your huge feelings of loss.

Lulu was a lovely, strong girl, and you gave her a wonderful life! I do hope you'll post your video and some memories in a Remembrance thread. It's therapeutic, and there are many of us who love to hear the hounds' life stories and commiserate with each other's feelings.

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Rob1969in

Thanks all for your lovely words ,it is very much appreciated, I have taken Greyaholic and 3dreytjoys advice and posted a tribute in rememberance .Thanks ,love and best wishes to you all

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MrsDooLittle

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your princess. I searched blindness and this was the first thread I found. My Mr. Green Jeans had an episode today of what appeared to be stark blindness on the landing coming downstairs after we napped together on my bed. He is an old man, as he will be 13 in January, and I have noticed some cloudiness in his eyes over the last several months. Today was a slap in my face, however, and I feel my heart is breaking. He went outside as usual, taking the two steps in the yard with no trouble and came in and had his afternoon can of food and went to HIS loveseat. So he seems to have periods of clarity. I have been in touch with my vet, but we don't think it is any one thing other than perhaps age. Again, my deepest sympathies. I am trying to figure out how I will go on when Mr. Green Jeans' time comes. He is truly my heart dog...I never knew what that meant until he captured mine. (((Hugs))) to you...

Guest Rob1969in

So sorry too hear about Mr Green Jeans episode today, it's been 3 weeks since I lost my little girl and the pain does lessen but I dream about her and Malcolm, her best friend who I also lost earlier this year every night and the house seems so empty, I am going to give a home to another ex racer soon ,I cry everyday but I also look at pictures that make me smile when I see what great lifes they had with me, I am sure Mr Green has lots of time left with you and will have a fantastic pampered Christmas to look forward too, I also really spoilt my two at Christmas, I don't have kids so they were like my Children ,Sending you and Mr Green lots of love and hope you will keep us informed on how he is doing . :grouphug