Corinna Is Acting Off

Something odd is going on with Corinna this morning and want to know if anyone has insight as to. what could be wrong.

My DH called the dogs to go out to potty this morning before he left for work. Wally ran downstairs, Corinna stayed on her bed and whined. This is somewhat odd as she is usually pretty eager to go relieve herself in the morning. I was still in bed but could hear it was raining so just figured that is why she didn't get up.

An hour or so later I got up and again called Corinna to go out. She did get up but seemed wobbly. She made it down the stairs without incident though. I let her out with her coat on as she hates the rain. She just stood by the door getting wet. I brought her back in and feed the dogs. She ate with her usual gusto. After breakfast though she. Wouldn't settle, she was alternating between pacing and trying to climb on me. I figured she needed to potty so bundled my baby and myself up and walked Corinna around our backyard. She had both a pee and poop. We came back in and I noticed Corinna's left hind leg was trembling badly, to the point I could feel the vibrations on the floor. That lasted 15 minutes or so, but stll hours later she won't settle down. She keeps pacing and whining. She doesn't seem in pain but won't stay laying down for very long. This is very out of character for her. She isn't a dog that gets to nervous about things either.

Does this seems like a watch and see thing or bring her to the evet now thing?

Sorry this post is so long I Didn't want to miss anything.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

How is her back leg now?

If she's nicely hydrated, nice pink gums, no evident pain in her abdomen, able to move all 4 legs on her own, all 4 feet nice and warm, I'd probably just watch her. If your vet had regular hours today, I might take her in, but I'm not sure I'd do e-vet unless something worse/more specific came up. Hope she is just having a cramp or some gas and will be better in another hour or so.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest kkaiser104

Are you sure she didn't eat anything strange? When Winchester ate a big bag of dog biscuits he acting very similarly, down to the shaking leg.

Its possible she ate something but I didn't notice anything missing/chewed.

She has settled down and has been sleeping for a bit now. I did noticed the area between her shoulders twitching and also the hair along her back was standing up on end when she came back in from potting earlier.

I may take her to the vet on Monday if it continues.

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Very strange. Like people, dogs have off days. Monitor her. It's getting colder so things are changing. Does she have a favorite spot she likes to lay in, perhaps with a blankie so she's feeling uber comfy?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

She might have laid wrong or twisted wrong in the night and hurt her back/neck. Is her stomach tight like she has gas? Is she continuing to eat and eliminate OK? Are all four feet warm and the same temperature? Pink gums?

Smooches for her and hugs for you. I hate when one of mine is "off."

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Could it be cramps? The reluctance to get up, the muscle spasming, and graduating to the restless pacing sounds kinda like she might be trying to walk off some sort of cramp to me. You might try giving her some banana slices on top of her food? Like, half a banana maybe.