Hole Digging

Guest Addie

Guest mischaluvsgreys

When I take Minnie to the park she doesn't really dig holes HOWEVER she will dig a little spot in the dirt to cool off her body in. I agree with the other posters suggestions to stay outside because you wouldn't want your grey to run away. That would be devastating! :omg

Guest mirinaaronsmom

any tips on how to get a foster to stop with the hole digging? My dogs won't start the hole but when they find one they start digging in it too :angry:

I'm kind of wondering also if it's possible to 'cure' a dog from digging. I've heard of people setting up a sandbox and encouraging the dogs to dig there, but I don't know if it works.

By any chance, is this Ernest?

I know one person who recently put in a sand pit. Day 1: beautiful white sand. Day 2: Sand and dirt and happy pups. She now has a yard with no holes and happy dogs! She lives in a warm climate and also keeps a doggy pool for them. Very happy dogs!

good luck- as everyone said stay outside w/ them. i say "NO DIG" to annie when i catch her digging holes, trust me the verbal talk does bupkahs....she goes over to another part of the yard and digs. see, for me it doesn't really matter, my yard looks like a barnyard. a quick no and a squirt w/ a water gun or plant spray will be far more effective. then the second time don't even bother saying no, just a squirt-they know it means NO! the third time just the presence of the water gun will be enough, greyhounds are fast learners.

But he's such a cute digger! :lol

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

He's so handsome! I'm glad he's far away from me! I say let that handsome man dig all he wants! With that smile...oh, what a heart melter!

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)