Boo-Boo Between Toes..

Otis got a little boo-boo between 2 toes.. what's best: polisporine? nothing?

it wont be easy to heal.. it rubs when he walks :(

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Umm, I've only ever had one for doggies. 10ppm I believe is the right mix.

I use this - and they are close to you too

http://rawpaw.ca/products-page-3/main-category/colloidal-silver-2/

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Otis boo-boo is stil red.. but not swell.. he still limps a litlle when he walks on hard surfaces..

I put neosporin daily and also CS...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

I've had really good results with calendula ointment or gel. I've found wounds to heal faster with it than with polysporin. Calendula is an herb touted for its ability to promote tissue regeneration and therefore speed the healing process. A friend's greyhound had severe happy tail and the first vet said her tail was going to have to be amputated. Second vet used calendula ointment and saved her tail.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I've had really good results with calendula ointment or gel. I've found wounds to heal faster with it than with polysporin. Calendula is an herb touted for its ability to promote tissue regeneration and therefore speed the healing process. A friend's greyhound had severe happy tail and the first vet said her tail was going to have to be amputated. Second vet used calendula ointment and saved her tail.

thnaks!

I'll look for it in the homeopathic section the pharmacy. :)

I love Vetericyn Wound Spray for stuff like that. It's expensive, but it's been a miracle worker for us.

thanks!

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

you can dress it w/ a human grade triple antibiotic oinment and cover it w/ a sock at night- tape the top of the sock and cuff the sock so he won't eat the tape. is the wound on the pad or webbing? webbing takes around 2 weeks to heal and it's a completely different story trying to create scar tissue so it heals. (did that w/ annie when she split a web)

a pad- they seem to lick it back to health from what i have observed and it's less than a week. you can clean it daily or a couple of times a day with epsom's salts baths, dry it very well- you don't want to grow a fungus. i generally do not reapply oinmnent and then reapply since the oinment does retard the healing, the epsoms salts dries it out and it heals much faster- ask felix, he always has something going on w/ his pads. i have also used a medicated powder when pads were really raw from running on sand- it also keeps them dry and they heal pretty quickly.