Reintroducing Myself.

Guest Jengrey1

Guest Jengrey1

Hello! My name is Jennifer. I am from Arkansas. I am proud mama to Socks, an 8 yr old black grey. She is also a tripod. I also have a maltese poodle mix and a cat. I have fostered many greyhounds over the last few years. Socks and I have decided that we are ready to add a new member to the family. I was approved to adopt through Midsouth Greyhound adoption option in West Memphis, just yesterday. Unfortunately, we are going to have about a month or so to get our new family member, cause I have to get some dental work done. The time is going to go by so slow, because I am so excited. This is a pic of Socks sunbathing about two weeks after her amputation.

Picture007_zpsbf8eba1a.jpg

Socks with her best friend Max, he has crossed the rainbow bridge.

Picture005_zps5adcf965.jpg

:welcome2 Socks looks like a real character! :beatheart Very sorry she--and you--lost her buddy Max (what a sweet face!), but congrats on the soon-to-be new addition!

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Guest Jengrey1

Max was a very sweet guy. He would protect her from the neighbors dogs. I guess he thought that they could get her through the fence. Socks is quite the character, she knows how to use her lack of leg to get what she wants. The vet told me when she had her surgery that she will lose all the muscle tone in that shoulder. All she has left is her shoulder blade and the muscle. She can still move it and stretch it out. She is so brave, I am so proud of her. Can't wait for our new grey.

:wave Welcome to GT! Exciting about your new addition!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Jengrey1

Thanks for the replies. I have been a member of the forum for a while, but I usually just lurk. With the new grey I am about to get I am sure I will have plenty of questions. All the greys I have had before were staying in the adoption groups homes before they became my foster. I have never had a dog straight from the track, it will be a learning experience for all of us.