Oral Care Product Help

Guest dude

My wife found this product online. Has anyone used this product on there greyhounds? If so, how well does it work?

It seems like a valid product, but I just don't know. I wanted to get some options. God knows brushing can be the biggest hassle of all. Thanks in advance.

I've used it with mediocre results, but I've heard rave reviews from other people on GT. So it probably depends on the dog and the combination of other products you're using. I tried both the gel and spray- the spray was much easier to use and less of a hassle.

I found another product called DentaSure which does not have any alcohol in it, but cost twice as much. I guess I'm more worried about the long term affects on the dog. Would small amounts of grain alcohol be bad for them over time?

I found another product called DentaSure which does not have any alcohol in it, but cost twice as much. I guess I'm more worried about the long term affects on the dog. Would small amounts of grain alcohol be bad for them over time?

I doubt it. But to be perfectly honest, you're probably not going to find one "miracle product." I've looked high and low and spent a great deal of money trying.

We do a combination of knee bones, CET chews, and a water additive. My almost 6 year old has never had a dental, and he gets lots of compliments on his teeth.

We use this water additive: http://amzn.com/B0054WTPBY. I think it's helped tremendously with the "breath of death" Sweep had when she first arrived. We also give frozen marrow bones once a week or so, and other teeth-scraping treats like beef trachea and lamb ears—both recommended by our vet, who has 6 or 7 greys of her own and does not give them dentals. She says Sweep's teeth are great.

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

We use this water additive: http://amzn.com/B0054WTPBY. I think it's helped tremendously with the "breath of death" Sweep had when she first arrived. We also give frozen marrow bones once a week or so, and other teeth-scraping treats like beef trachea and lamb ears—both recommended by our vet, who has 6 or 7 greys of her own and does not give them dentals. She says Sweep's teeth are great.

Yep, never underestimate the power of a good water additive! We use Dental Fresh.

This product line comes highly recommended, and is free of controversal ingredients like alcohol, xylitol, etc.:

http://www.petkingbrands.com/products/bioteneWaterAdd.html

I'm using this water additive (Oratene) and brushing with the Petz Life gel.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown