I Don't Know What's Wrong?

Guest Clawsandpaws

Guest Clawsandpaws

I just posted this on the GT facebook page, but it really stressed me out, so I would like to get more opinions/advice:

Dudley did something very strange just now. He was laying on my bed, I walked to the kitchen, and heard this strange high pitch whine. I ran into the bedroom, he was whining while laying down, not too loud, but like a soft tea kettle. I checked to see if his martingale was choking him, as I left it on after a walk (he usually just wears a tag collar). He was not choking, removed the collar, once I did that he stood up and circled the bed, still whining, his nubby tail looked like it would be curling up, as if in pain. He whined for about 30 more seconds (this whole episode lasted about a minute and a half) and then stopped. I was panicking. I poked him a bit, not too much, and nothing seemed wrong. He ate dinner about 5 minutes after this and is now laying on the bedroom floor.

The only thing I can think of is that I was volunteering at the vice pres of my adoption grps house today, and she has all shiny tile floors. (Dudley came with me)There were plenty of beds for the hounds, but Dudley did lay on the bare floor a couple of times... I am supposed to drive to Jacksonville tomorrow with the vice pres to pick up a hound, my bf will be home, but I am still worried!!

Could it be something as simple as maybe a charlie horse type pain?

They do sometimes get muscle cramps.

If that's the case with Dudley, you're lucky to get just some whining. I got the Greyhound Scream of Death--at 2 a.m.

If he moves well and eats well, don't worry too much. Also, potassium is recommended for muscle cramps in people, and Dudley might love some banana.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Clawsandpaws

They do sometimes get muscle cramps.

If that's the case with Dudley, you're lucky to get just some whining. I got the Greyhound Scream of Death--at 2 a.m.

If he moves well and eats well, don't worry too much. Also, potassium is recommended for muscle cramps in people, and Dudley might love some banana.

He does love bananas, but I don't have any!! I will have to run out and get some. Eek. My stomach is still in knots

I've had Rocket do the same thing twice, but with the GSOD as well. He stopped as fast as he started. Have to assume it was just a charley horse or cramp of some type. No further issues afterward. He just looked at us like we were nuts for jumping up to check on him.....

As long as he's not limping and doesn't appear to be sick or dehydrated, I wouldn't be too worried unless it persists

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Clawsandpaws

I've had Rocket do the same thing twice, but with the GSOD as well. He stopped as fast as he started. Have to assume it was just a charley horse or cramp of some type. No further issues afterward. He just looked at us like we were nuts for jumping up to check on him.....

As long as he's not limping and doesn't appear to be sick or dehydrated, I wouldn't be too worried unless it persists

He seems fine now. I just fed him some banana slices in bed on a heated blanket. I need a new hobby, I don't think "personal servant to a greyhound" would look good on my resume.

He seems fine now. I just fed him some banana slices in bed on a heated blanket. I need a new hobby, I don't think "personal servant to a greyhound" would look good on my resume.

I guess I have to ask, you are in Miami in the month of June and he is on a heated blanket?

Edited to add, is it because he might have a cramp?

Edited by dmdsmoxie

Guest Clawsandpaws

I guess I have to ask, you are in Miami in the month of June and he is on a heated blanket?

I keep my apartment nice and cool, plus a warm blanket always feels good, he seems to like it :P I usually warm up my blankets before we go to sleep. It's around 68 degrees in my apt once the sun goes down.

Muscle cramp? Maybe he bite his tongue and it hurt? I honestly wouldn't worry too much

I'm not anymore! He is my first dog, so I am a little panicky!