Gallery Picture

There's a picture in the gallery of a wound on a greyhound. I can't tell from the picture what part it is, and I don't remember seeing anything posted about it. Can anyone enlighten me? I've worried about this hound and hope his wound has healed.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

That's my boy. He went back to his group, with a tumor on a hind leg, which turned out to be a rapidly growing soft tissue sarcoma. With the stage 3 sarcoma there is about a 50% chance of metastasis, so a 50% chance for cure with amputation. (Local excision with clean margins is not possible.) He came to me for his amputation. He had the leg amputated at OSU last week and should be coming home to me soon. (Technically, he's a foster, but he's not going anywhere after he come back here from OSU.) He is one of the sweetist, and brightist, Greyhounds I have known.

Glad to see this post. I too saw the pic this morning and was wondering who/what etc.

Bless you RMarie and hugs to the boy!

He belongs to Ullaluv, not RMarie.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Ullaluv, thanks for letting me know. He will be in my thoughts and prayers as he heals, and hopefully beats this. I've had a tripod (front leg), and after a short adjustment period, you'd never know he was missing a leg. It didn't slow him down much at all. Keep us posted as you can.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby