Remembering Linus 8/28/93 To 4/14/08

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

Hard to believe my cantankerous old man will be gone 5 yrs on Sunday. He was a real character. Hard as nails, goofy, regal, joyful, sneaky, stubborn, ornery, and loving all in one handsome package!

He like to bully other dogs, pick fights, was sleep aggressive, and didn't like to be told what to do either! But he also was fun loving, like to play, be silly. We would go walking and he would be right beside hobbling along like he could barely move, then I turn my head for a second and he disappeared. Sneaky old fart like to run down to the neighbors house b/c he liked their shed for some reason. I would go get him and he would hobble home like he could barely move! He would lay on his bed and watch you prepare the dogs foods. He never go up and hovered around me like the rest of the dogs. He watched with his eagle eyes and waited for his to be brought to him on his bed.

If he got off his bed and God forbid another dog lay on it. I had to shake it and refluff it. If another dog drank out of HIS water bowl, I had to rinse is out and refill it. He would wake me up to do these things if needed!

He was a senior when we adopted him, so he had to go out sometimes at night to go pee. He would wake me up acting like he was about to burst. He stumbled down the steps as he wanted no help and of course he couldn't just pee. He had to wonder around the yard looking for the right spot. I always wondered how bad he really had to go b/c he acted as if his bladder was going to burst but then spent 5 minutes looking for the spot!

He came with another senior Greyhound, Giggles. She was a spook, tiny little timid girl and he bullied her. But if you corrected him at all, she went to pieces. It upset her. So I just let them be. She died a year later from osteosarcoma. I didn't think the mean old fart would care. He spent 2 weeks sleeping in her bed and would barely touch food. So he did care despite how he treated her all the years they were together.

Linus was a complex dog. On one hand he drove me nuts, on the other, I loved him so much. I will never regret taking those 2 seniors despite all the negative comments from friends and family. Gigs was a sweet girl, but we were never that close, but I would have never separated them. Linus gave me 5 good years that I will treasure forever.

http://greyhound-data.com/d?z=CATmGa&d=Cys+Kid+Spike&x=23&y=10

100_2615.jpg

100_0417.jpg

100_0421.jpg

100_6265.jpg

100_6268.jpg

100_6243.jpg

100_4789.jpg

100_4764.jpg

LinusandCaseyinwater.jpg

Guest WhiteWave

Thanks! He was a special boy, miss him.

If you notice that funny colored area in the beach pics, that was where he got stitched up and drain tubes after jumping on Bianca my Dogo Argentino and she bit him back! E-vet loved us. We spent a lot of money there. If it was under $500, Linus wasn't doing it right! :) Never seemed to bother him. He seemed to delight in the attention it brought him. Like those people who hurt themselves for attention.

Guest undergreysspell

Just looking at his expressions in the pictures show how much personality he had. It's wonderful you remember and share it with us.

What a handsome boy he was, too. Hugs as you remember.

Rest well, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

sending you many hugs. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway