Healthy Paws Insurance

I know there are a plethura of insurance topics out there. But this is pretty much a specific question.

Has anyone not liked Healthy Paws?

I currently have VPI and am switching. I wanted a yearly billing but Trupanion and Healthy Paws don't have it. Only Embrace. When I go for the 90% reimbursement and $100/ yr deductible, Embrace went several hundred dollars over Healthy Paws and Trupanion.

So, I knocked down Embrace. I looked at Trupanion and Healthy Paws and HP is $100 cheaper per year and has one yearly deductible whilte Trupanion has a per incidence deductible.

So I am leaning towards getting HP for two of my three girls. Since Opal has had several incidences, there would be too many exclusions for her to be switched. She stays with VPI.

Anyone NOT like Healthy Paws?

I've had Healthy Paws since last April and am satisfied. [i switched from Trupanian because of the per incidence deductible. (I thought they have since changed that??)] I have no complaints or issues with HP. An annual premium bill would be nice but... ::shrug:: I have the $250 deductible and 90% reimbursement, both of which can be changed in the future (i.e., $500 deductible and 80% reimbursemenet) to lower premiums. Thankfully Annie hasn't been ill enough to meet the deductible, so I haven't had to submit for much, but the couple of times I have submitted, I've gotten a response back from the company within 48 hours, even over weekends.

I also appreciate how nice they are to speak with on the phone. The reps have always been friendly, helpful and have never given me the impression I was taking too long with my questions (this was mostly in the beginning when I was thinking of signing up).

Like any company, they don't cover pre-existing conditions, but I wanted the luxury of insurance to cover the major health problems that can arise, none of which Annie has had.

I just got Healthy Paws for Jasper. I was very impressed that you could contact them on the weekends and talk to a real person. I have just sent a claim to be applied to the deductible . I had VPI a few years ago and was not at all happy with them.

Lynn

Missing Pepper,Magic,Kahlua, Hobbit Ziggy Jasper and Bella

I've had HP for my 3 for going on 2 years. None have made the deductible (PTL! :guns ) so I don't know about actual claims but they have been fast and more than fair IMO about applying stuff to the deductible. People have all been very friendly & understanding too. Based on what I've seen so far I continue to expect the best in the future.

I have HP for both Violet and Skye so a bit over a year for Violet and since late summer for Skye and have yet to need to file a claim with them. However, when I was unhappy about the rate increases a few months ago, the owner called me personally to clarify some things. There's a post somewhere on here detailing all of it. Anyway, you can't beat that for service as far as I'm concerned and I was reassured after the conversation. I know that's not much help, but that's all I can give you. I chose them for the same reason as you btw - the annual deductible and the lower cost of the policy. I have 80% coverage and a $250 ded.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."