Am So Excited!

Guest blueberri

Guest blueberri

My husband thinks I've lost the plot, but have just had a call to say I can get green tripe regularly, for "token" payment, free brisket bones, veal bones, turkey necks, liver and kidneys, and a low cost for heart, beef, lamb, chicken, and goat, possum etc when available. I am so excited and happy!!!!!!

I'm so pleased, as the only other place I can get the tripe is at the local pet-mart, $10 for 500g, and not always available.

Woot! should be switching to raw diet in just over a week (waiting until the bag of Orijen's is finished)... bring on the stinky food that makes my puppy shiny and healthy!

Awwwww - is that brush possums? I KNOW they're not native & highly invasive in NZ... (but they're so CUTE!! Not like our possums here!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

• 1 month later...
Guest blueberri

Oh my word. Tonight's feast was a salmon head. This unfortunately coincided with DH staining the deck (Sparky normally eats outside), so he had to eat said stinker inside, on "the mat".

Cue Benny Hill music, with me chasing Sparky around the lounge, kitchen and dining trying to make him take the stinker back to the mat, and not on his bed or carpet etc... He wasn't too pleased with this, even gave me a quiet growl the first time... but I think got more amused as I chased!

He is now one happy, stinky puppy! Wipin his muzzle everywhere (don't they do doggy napkins?), but with a lovely full puku.

Fish heads aside, I'm actually really enjoying feeding him raw, because he LOVES it so much! I'm also rather fond of the new-and-improved poop :bow2