Dog Injured At Groomers

Guest ultraviolet79

Guest OurLacyandJax

Just like working on my car/bike, I love working on my dogs.. All hand washed, hand groomed.. Not gutsy enough to do the nail clipping. I tried it once, and we had a bleeder. So now, the Dremel is my best friend.

He is such a handsome boy. Adorable. And very happy to know he is home!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ultraviolet79

So sorry this happened! I just took James to get his nails trimmed this weekend...apparently, we were really lucky in only getting one nail trimmed too short.

Regarding legal action, you have to weigh the cost of hiring an attorney with how much money you'll have expended. Although e-vets are expensive, so are attorneys. Seeing as how the groomer coughed over money for the first vet, I'd go back to the groomer and ask for more. I'd also go to the first vet and ask for money. If you get push back, I'd hire an attorney and have a demand letter (pay up or be sued) sent to both parties. If you still get push back, and if it's worth your time and money, then I'd sue both parties and let the two of them hammer out who's more at fault.

RMarie, do you know what kind of attorney would even take a case like this?

Guest bernadette

I am in Somerset County, not too far away! I was wondering where you took your beautiful boy but you're far enough that it's probably not the same place where my Vinnie went yesterday. Fiance took him in for trimming- they used clippers despite my request every time for the dremel (SP?) as he has long quicks. Apparently they put him on the table and I noticed when he came home that he had caught himself pretty good at some point on the inside of one leg.

This has happened twice before- at the regular vet and at the cardiologists office, both for xrays, both times enough that we had to stitch. :(

Guest ultraviolet79

I am in Somerset County, not too far away! I was wondering where you took your beautiful boy but you're far enough that it's probably not the same place where my Vinnie went yesterday. Fiance took him in for trimming- they used clippers despite my request every time for the dremel (SP?) as he has long quicks. Apparently they put him on the table and I noticed when he came home that he had caught himself pretty good at some point on the inside of one leg.

This has happened twice before- at the regular vet and at the cardiologists office, both for xrays, both times enough that we had to stitch. :(

We took them to a place in Hamilton, so probably not where you go. This place came highly recommended by my petsitter, but she doesn't have greyhounds. We took my other greyhound, Lilly, there at the same time, and she had a very large cut on her leg when we got her back (not worthy of stitches, thankfully). So, yeah, I'm pretty much done with groomers from now on! Great for other breeds, but just not good for my delicate hounds.

Sorry your Vinnie didn't have such a good experience, either. :(

So sorry this happened! I just took James to get his nails trimmed this weekend...apparently, we were really lucky in only getting one nail trimmed too short.Regarding legal action, you have to weigh the cost of hiring an attorney with how much money you'll have expended. Although e-vets are expensive, so are attorneys. Seeing as how the groomer coughed over money for the first vet, I'd go back to the groomer and ask for more. I'd also go to the first vet and ask for money. If you get push back, I'd hire an attorney and have a demand letter (pay up or be sued) sent to both parties. If you still get push back, and if it's worth your time and money, then I'd sue both parties and let the two of them hammer out who's more at fault.
So sorry this happened! I just took James to get his nails trimmed this weekend...apparently, we were really lucky in only getting one nail trimmed too short.Regarding legal action, you have to weigh the cost of hiring an attorney with how much money you'll have expended. Although e-vets are expensive, so are attorneys. Seeing as how the groomer coughed over money for the first vet, I'd go back to the groomer and ask for more. I'd also go to the first vet and ask for money. If you get push back, I'd hire an attorney and have a demand letter (pay up or be sued) sent to both parties. If you still get push back, and if it's worth your time and money, then I'd sue both parties and let the two of them hammer out who's more at fault.

OMG, what is wrong with the quoting function??? Ugh, this is what I was trying to post:

For whatever reason I cannot get the quoting function to work anymore, but in response to ultraviolet79's question posed in post #52, I would think any personal injury, medical malpractice, or general practice attorney would take your case. Negligence is negligence, I don't the fact that it happened to a dog would deter any of those types of attorneys from taking the case.

Edited by RMarie

So glad your beautiful boy is home & okay. Don't have any advice that has not been given, but I would certainly get the word out about this groomer NOT being....greyhound-compatible. Good luck.