Traumeel - What Are Your Experiences?

Guest greytkidsmom

Guest greytkidsmom

Tiel, our 9 year old girl has had some swelling at one of her front toes for a while now. It isn't tender or warm to touch. She rarely limps but she does start to sort of "drag behind" when we go on walks. I discussed it with our vet several months ago and she thought that it was likely arthritis. The foot was x-rayed last week while she was under for a dental and arthritis was confirmed. The vet thought it would be a good idea to have our Chinese medicine vet check her over. She came yesterday and gave her a good going-over. Tiel is pretty stiff throughout her back end - not stiff joints but stiff muscles. Her ankles move well but she does have decreased mobility in the middle 2 toes of her left front foot. She did some acupuncture and recommended that we try some topical traumeel on the toes.

She talked about the option of ointments vs tablets as well as that company's other product zeel. I'm just wondering if anyone else has used this and what seems to work the best.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I LOVE Traumeel. I use it all the time when they are hurting. I always have it in the house.

Same here. I buy the gel as it's easiest to massage in.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I don't have any experience with the gel, but the tablets have worked well for the dogs and for me. Hope Tiel feels better soon.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest grey_dreams

Like Cynthia, I haven't used the gel, but the tablets are excellent for the dogs and me too. I always have a stock of it in the house.

Edited to add: Haven't used Zeel, but that is supposed to be specifically formulated for arthitis conditions. I wouldn't hesitate to try it to treat arthritis.

Do you give a glucosamine/chondoitin/MSM/boswelia compound? There were fabulous formulations in Europe that I can't get in the US, but I've been using Osteo-Pet Total Joint Care for Dogs and it seems to work well (http://www.amazon.com/Osteo-Pet-Total-Joint-Care-Dogs/dp/B003178UD8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1353692771&sr=8-6&keywords=dog+glucosamine+chondroitin+msm).

Edited by grey_dreams

Guest greytkidsmom

Like Cynthia, I haven't used the gel, but the tablets are excellent for the dogs and me too. I always have a stock of it in the house.

Edited to add: Haven't used Zeel, but that is supposed to be specifically formulated for arthitis conditions. I wouldn't hesitate to try it to treat arthritis.

Do you give a glucosamine/chondoitin/MSM/boswelia compound? There were fabulous formulations in Europe that I can't get in the US, but I've been using Osteo-Pet Total Joint Care for Dogs and it seems to work well (http://www.amazon.co...chondroitin msm).

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

She and her brothers have been on the Nupro joint formula which has glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and a bunch of other stuff for at least 4 years now.

Have ordered both the gel and the tablets. DH and I are going to try the tablets I think :)

Another fan of Traumeel.

I've used the gel on horses, hounds and myself. One of my ponies had the tablets.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Traumeel belongs to those meds, which I always have at home. I used it on my Greys with great success and for myself

every now and then when I need it. I can always recommend it...it's one of the best homeopathic remedies I know.

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.