• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ManyBlessings

2012-11-06_17-49-19_162.jpg

2012-11-05_07-04-02_653.jpg

2012-11-06_20-07-00_958.jpg

My older daughter laughed at me. She said it's funny my hound is bigger than my working dog! :hehe

Laser is doing great! He had zoomies yesterday and Dolly could not keep up. They both came in after about 10 minutes and passed out :beatheart He is so good! And I can't believe I got a male dog that doesn't lift his leg and is completely house trained. They really did a great job in matching us up! I have signed up to volunteer at my group. I can't believe what an easy integration this has been.

He's very handsome...looks like a greyt match...congratulations.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Wasserbuffel

He looks wonderful!

Although, you obviously don't have enough dog beds since the poor little fella had to lay on the floor in that one photo. (Just kidding :flip )

Guest ManyBlessings

Thank you! Jayne, this is the one where he just plopped down. His bed and crate are in the same room! Kind of surprised me he would choose the floor.

My new girl "Roo" pulled quite strongly on leash for the first handful of days after she came "home", but now walks very nicely by my side or a few trotting steps ahead.

Give your Laser some time and you will be amazed at how polite he becomes once he gets the hang of you and his new life :ghplaybow

Guest Wasserbuffel
Kind of surprised me he would choose the floor.

Mine does the same thing sometimes. In fact, I made a post a couple weeks ago about my husband (jokingly) berating the dog because she chose to lie on the floor instead of any of the three living room couches, her dog bed, her crate, or our bed.

Guest pegasusridge

"That is nice for them to get to play with their littermates. So maybe my thinking is off.....they are socialized, just not as part of a human family like gazehund was saying. But are they shy? Is that because they don't take change well? Some one just said 6 months for their full personality to come out. Wow, now that does kind of make me sad....as why would that be? Trust issues? It did not take that long for my other rescues to get fully comfortable living in our home. Maybe it's a difference in breeds?"

I think your thinking is a bit off. Perhaps you need to spend some time with retired racers to give you a better view. We are our third and fourth, and from day one they have all settled in and made themselves right at home. "Rescue" is not synonymous with abused or neglected.

Oops - I see I am late to the party, so to speak. Glad to see your boy is working out well, best wishes for a long and happy partnership!

Edited by pegasusridge

• 2 months later...