Senior Broodie Piddles In Her Sleep

Missy Sweet Pea (age 12 1/2) has started having piddle accidents in her sleep. This is a recent development. Earlier this month, she had an issue when her storm meds failed to clear her system as usual. She was extremely groggy, and spent the night at the vet's office on an IV. She chewed that out, broke out of her kennel, and spent the night roaming the clinic! Luckily, no harm came to the clinic bunny, but you should have seen their faces when I told them Pea has been a stakes racer!

Since then, she has recieved no meds for rain/high winds. Unfortunately, she is wetting in her sleep. I plan on taking her to the vet Monday to rule out a urinary infection. In the meantime, I am putting piddle pads under blankets in her usual sleep spots.

Any other suggestions or comments?

You! Out of the gene pool!

our Rainey developed urinary incontinence at age 5, she was on DES (10mg/1 per week, I think?) and never had further issues. Good luck! :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

This is very common in older spayed females. A hormone like DES should put a stop to it. Raven gets a DES tablet twice a week and for the last few years has had no more dribbles.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

A quick update: Missy Pea would not give a urine sample. I thought she had been tested earlier this month. No such luck. So, she's on a two week course of Ciprofloxacin, and remains banned from the couch. For some reason she tears the blankets and piddle pads off the couch, but not off the loveseat. Kittehs are having a wonderful time hiding under the couch cushions.

You! Out of the gene pool!