Frosty Paws

I keep reading on here about people giving Frosty Paws to their pups, and have also seen a few posts about homemade ones. Where do you find them in the stores ? Does anyone have a recipe they would share ? Has anyone ever had a problem with them, such as diarrhea ? Thanks.

Karen

We're lucky enough to have a great local frozen custard shop that also makes puppy pops for the hounds. When I do make them at home, I blend and freeze :

1 large container of plain yogurt

1 banana

2 Tbsp honey

2 Tbsp peanut butter

You can also add in a little canned pumpkin.

It makes about 9-12 individual servings. My hounds LOVE them and have never had any issues.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

In most stores they are in the frozen food section near thew breakfast waffles, etc. They are very exprnsive and the ingredients not so great, but the dogs love them. We only get them on birhdays here.

You can make homemade ones with just about anything mixed with yogurt. Just google it. Never had problems with store bought or homemade.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest greyaspet

I make my own much cheaper and I know what I am putting in them. Large container of non fat plain yogurt, honey and peanut butter if I have fresh blueberries I put those in instead of the peanut butter. I have a restaurant supply place near me where I can get 3 oz plastic cups with lids for 5 bucks with one container I can make 18 cups of frozen yogurt Frosty Paws by me is a dollar a cup.

i just made some the other day and got this recipe off the web

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup plain yogurt

2 T honey

1 mashed banana

microvwave the peanut butter until it is creamy enough to mix add all ingredients together and mix well.

I put a dollop in cup cake liners and froze them individually on a pizza pan and then put them in a plastic bag in the freezer. I also put some in an tiny ice cube tray so I just pop them out for a tiny one-bite treat.

I questioned the use of honey so I may omit it next time. These were so easy to make, I made them while I was home for lunch from work one day. Ben and Brooke love these.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest mirinaaronsmom

I use vanilla yogurt instead of plain and leave out the honey, but the rest is the same (1 banana and 2 tbsp. PB). After blending it all together, I pour the 'batter' into cupcake tins. After they're frozen, I transfer them to a Ziplock baggie. I tried ice cube trays once but ended up feeding so many of them that it wasn't worth it. One muffin-sized serving did the trick. And they've never had any Big 'D' issues as a result.

Guest Greytluv

I make these. Very easy and they love them.

32 oz plain non-fat yogurt

can of Spaghetti O's

I freeze in Dixie cups.

Yum. They eat them right up

Guest Vers

I make these. Very easy and they love them.

32 oz plain non-fat yogurt

can of Spaghetti O's

I freeze in Dixie cups.

Yum. They eat them right up

Ooooh, Stella LOVES you for this idea -- she will adore these, and I already have the ingredients in the house (yes, I buy Spaghetti Os for her, of course). Off to see if I have enough room in the freezer... thank you!