Best Human Type Food With Omega 3 6 9

Guest stewartt

Guest stewartt

my boy is not eating a lot he needs about 7 omega pills a day so im asking is there one type of caned tuna or sammon or sardines or a caned dog food that some one could sugest or should we be putting the capsule down his thruoat we do no how to do that if thats the last straw he going through slo right now just don t want to be mean to him we love him dearly what suckers we are thanks

If I make a big fuss about a Super Special Yummy Treat both my girls just eat the fish oil pills. I wonder if salmon oil might work for him and interest his tummy.

Is he on any other meds that could make his belly feel not great? I just started giving Sunshine two pepto pills a day. One in the am and one with dinner. She was properly hungrier in two days.

------

Jessica

Guest stewartt

he on a few tramadol and vitiam e and 2 others right now he eating a bit but when you add anything he finds its so we were breaking open the capsuls but that only lasted a few days he needs to lose a few pounds i dont think that will hurt him plus we head to the trailer for the weedend he got lot of friends their so he won t starve im sure he will be waiting at the door when i get home to go

I use Grizzly Salmon oil, in a pump. That way you get the oil the dog needs without the gel cap material you don't.

I don't believe there is ANY food that has sufficient quantity of omega fatty acids to be all that beneficial on its own.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

The fish oil supplements are higher in omegas than just eating plain fish or most other foods. So...I would continue with the oil. I don't use the capsules, none of my dogs will eat them willingly. I use the squirt pumps. My one dog hates the smell and taste, so I squirt some in with some other smelly food to disguise it. Since there is no capsule they eat it all.

http://www.doggiefood.com/lakrwicprsao.html

this is where i buy my cold pressed salmon oil- lakse kronche. the blurb on the page does a good job describing it. i buy 88oz at a clip, 2 dogs- 4 squirts per dog daily- 2 bottles a year is what we consume. doggiefood does free shipping if the order is over $50. they seem to have just about the best price intown. my dogs have good coat, moist skin w/ this- it takes around 6 weeks to see the difference. are you looking for the omegas for skin and coat or slo?

There is a little "cheap grocery" store near me and little jars of baby food are $.20 and the larger jars are $.40. They love beef and macaroni, chicken and gravy and turkey and gravy. I just give them about a little more than a teaspoon and I push in pill into it and smooth it over with the baby food. It works like a charm. There is no sugar or another junk in baby food, so it is really safe.

The oil is the best, you can give them the canned fish or fresh fish but becareful with too much b/c of the mercury that can be in the farm raised fish. Also becareful w/getting the kibble w/a lot of fish for they use the preservative that can have some carcinogens. The preservative has to be used on the boats transporting the fish b/c it can cause the boats to explode from the gas of the fish.

I give mine liquid oil, split a can of tuna or sardines, fresh frozen fish or an egg, a little variety for them to get the omegas!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.