What Do You Believe Is The Best Senior Kibble

for a while i had one of my elderly dogs on canidae senior kibble, then for one reason or another i went back to regular kibble. i just fed him a tad less even though he wasn't over weight. he lived to 14 w/o any major problems. right now i am using nutro, they have a good variety of kibbles, maybe check it out.

Guest sja5032

I just started my senior on Blue Buffalo senior (chicken & rice), they may have more varieties, I didn't look past the chicken & rice because that was what he was eating before in 4Health and I didn't want to change too much at once. I often look at websites like this: Dog Food Advisor, not as the be all end all but to get an idea.

Guest sirsmom

I recommended Science Diet above because of your dog's kidneys. They have lower phosphorus levels than most. Only experience is with a cat who was borderline kidney and the Science Diet senior foods stabilized her problems.

Thank you, all. I got so ambitious yesterday that I managed two place two separate orders for the kidney kibble. Thankfully, one has now been canceled and refunded. I was getting very frustrated yesterday with the fact that so few companies list their phosphorous levels. I bought a small bag of Merrick since there are no by products. I have to admit that I was leaning toward the Hills so that may be in our future. Meanwhile, Aquitaine is over the moon with joy at having a can of food for each meal. She keeps running back after finishing to see if the bowl might have refilled itself.

Guest Greytluv

I feel Wellness Core Reduced Fat to my whippet who will be 14 next month. This is based on a report in the Whole Dog Journal a couple of years ago.

This is what I feed.