Does Anyone's Grey Do Well On Blue Buffalo?

Of course I got caught up in the latest dog food recall (I've fed Chicken Soup for years) and Tori has about 1 cup of that left to transition her over to a new food :unsure I went to the pet store this morning and was completely confused by the vast array of foods to choose from!

I decided this would be a good time to transition her to grain-free (I'd contemplated that for a while) and I had heard great things about Blue Buffalo grain-free, so picked up a small bag to try. After searching around GT, though, I'm wondering if that's maybe not the best choice? Seems like it's too rich for many.

So, is that just a problem with Blue Buffalo, or will that be the case for transition to any grain-free food? Is there another one that would be better to try?

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest sja5032

I just switched my 2 greys and 2 non-greys to Blue Buffalo due to the recall of 4Health/Diamond (they have been on both off & on depending on supply). I didn't go grain-free though, it was bad enough they were switching cold turkey I didn't want to shock them more than I had to. They have been fine except for a little more gas, but its only been a couple days I assume that is from the switch.

I was transitioning mine to Blue Buffalo Freedom (grain free) and had no problem with my female. Made the male's poops a little softer, but they all liked it. ;)

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Just wanted to update in case anyone else was thinking of switching to Blue Buffalo. Despite having a *very* short transition (around 3 days) we had no gas and her poops are perfect. She loves it, too! I'm very happy with the switch and will be sticking with it. :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I tried Blue Buffalo Freedom just to get Annie Bella on a "better" kibble than she was on and it gave her soft ice cream poop. She loved it, though! When will I learn to just let things rest? If she's doing fine on something, don't experiment! :blush

Guest ryeamans

I've only fed Charlie Blue Buffalo, and he seems to really like it. He's gassy at times, and has relatively loose stool, but I've been giving him some fiber-rich treats and that has firmed it up a little bit. The treats are actually a dog food meant for improving dental health that my vet uses for treats at the office, and so I picked up the habit as well.

Edit: Actually, after reading some other forums, it sounds like Blue Buffalo may not be the right food for Charlie afterall, since he does have a bit of gas and loose stool. Sorry for the confusion, but looks like maybe I'm going to try switching too!

Edited by ryeamans