Rip Lj

Guest WhiteWave

what a sweet boy he was!!! I'm so sorry!!! :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest WhiteWave

Thanks everyone. He was a good boy who deserved so much better. My favorite pic is the one of him and Riddick. I can still remember that day. Riddick was rare form and being a total brat. He was about 4 months old and was aggravating everyone. He flipped LJ's ear back and barked and barked and barked right in his ear. LJ just laid there wagging his tail. Now he can go play with Riddick again and all his other dog friends that have gone on before him. Ellie Mae and Beau, two of his pups. Sassy Lady the little pit bull girl who only liked LJ. And my dogs Zeus, Casey, Linus, Red, Gunner, Riddick, Gracie, Rikki, Bianca and Ginny that all knew and loved LJ.

Edited by WhiteWave

Thank you for loving him and remembering him.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest happygrey

This story just made me leak.... While the stories of the loss of beloved hounds that we read here are heartwrenching, we all take comfort in knowing that our hounds knew how loved they were.....and when I read about a dog who was not appreciated in the way that dogs deserve to be, it is just heartbreaking. That being said, thanks to you, beautiful LJ did have the joy of knowing love - despite the fact that it wasn't from his own family. He had one of those sweet gentle scent hound faces....bless his heart.....

I had the same reaction. I feel so bad that this pup was not well cared for by his owners nor treasured as he should have been. :(

What an angel he had in you to care for him and about him! By the pictures you posted, it appears he really loved his time with you and your pack. :wub: :wub: