Diarrhea

Guest theboss

Guest theboss

My 11 year old has had diarrhea. He also has been NOT eating - about every 3 days he will eat a little. He is the grandson of our 1st grey, whom would protect me unbelievable. The stress factor in the house in the last days has been very high (I am in hospice and have end stage cancer) In the beginning I must admit I just wrote it off to stress.

It can not be food. We have 2 greys and the other is totally normal. My wife (sorry for her but there is nothing I can do to try to help her) has been trying everything she can in the food area. Chicken, hamburger, anything ! He is drinking water.

PLEASE PLEASE I need help ! I may be an "old war horse" (retired CSM Marine) but when it comes to "my" babies well that's a different story. I need any suggestion you might have. I will check the site for any postings, but if you would be so kind as to e-mail me I would appericate. That will go to my cell phone which is easier on me to check that waiting for the nurse that will give me my laptop. My e-mail address is Email me

Thank You!!!

Old 'Uncle Bones"

You need to have your wife take him to the vet ASAP. At his age, and with diarrhea for a while, and not eating...it's time to go to the doctor.

I'm so sorry you're not well, and neither is the hound.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

First, I'm sorry about your condition. As you stated, both you and your wife are under quite a bit of stress.

I also think that your dog should have a vet visit as not eating for 3 days could be a symptom of other things and at his age he should probably be checked out thoroughly.

I hope it turns out to just be an upset stomach.

Guest theboss

Hi:

First Thank You all for your help. The stress level has come down some what in the house. I was in what they call "Crisis Care" (not good, many people here and their stress level was very high also)

We did get him to eat a grilled hamburger, then I took the advice of the oatmeal. Tricked him into thinking "Daddy" was eating it then gave it to him. He LOVED it! I also rubbed him and told how good he had been 'protecting' daddy.

His diarrhea has slowed down SO much. He still is working on that but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel, as I always say, that's why God created steam cleaners!

For any of you that go to "Greyhound in Gettysburg", walk up to the old cemetery (yes, greyhounds are the ONLY dogs allowed in there) go to plot 94 (next to Gen. Mead) and say hello. I will be the first burial there since 1968. Just carry a bone in your pocket for you're baby for me!