Rally-O

I came across Rally-O and was wondering if anyone has done this with their Greyhound?

I went to obedience classes with Spriet and an agility class (only once) and she loved it. Now I'm looking for info - has anyone done Rally-O with their Greyhound(s)?

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Never done it with any of the Greys, but our last Dobie loved it!

It is so much more relaxed than 'formal' obedience.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

we loved it. the adpt version has easier signs to read than the akc. but take a peek at rally-o on the akc website. you can print all the directions and get a head start at what it's about. all the turns and commands are illustrated and it's up to the instructor to sequence them. it's an excellent opportunity to really bond w/ your pup. bring lots of treats for your dog and have a blast.

Did it for fun (no showing), mostly with Joseph. Hardest part for him was waiting his turn :lol , otherwise we both had a good time. Much more relaxed and lively than formal obedience. Would do it some more if there was a class at a time I could attend :( .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jazzy loves Rally-o. She quickly earned her titles and would just come alive when in the ring, her attention is on me and she just smiles when she knows what I want her to do.

I have found it really builds a great bond and working relationship between handler and dog. Also I can't even begin to tell you the number to times I've used some of the moves in real life. These moves are very handy in unexpected situations.

I'd tell you to go for it!

june