Pimple

I noticed recently that Lexie has this pimple on her neck. It looks to me like it is just a getting older thing (what do i know) and I am really not concerned about the actual pimple but it is right against her collar when we walk her. It doesn't seem to bother her but I was wondering if maybe I should put something on the pimple like vaseline so it won't rub so much? Or is there something else I can do?

Thx all

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Has the lump been looked at and aspirated by your vet?? Sometimes the seemingly harmless appearing bumps can turn out potentially cancerous.

Even if it's benign you might want to consider removing it (maybe during her next dentistry) because it might get traumatized by her collar causing a chronic sore.

Is it a pimple or a cyst? Rainy developed a pimple on her side last summer. It was pretty big but didn't seem to bother her at all. It pooped easily and never came back. BF said it was probably an infected hair? I've only ever seen pimples on their bellies! :unsure

------

Jessica

• 7 months later...
Guest clark1017

My greyhound has had a recurring pimple that comes back in the same place. I just noticed another one today but unlike the others I am having a difficult time popping it. We see his vet next weekend so I am going to leave it alone for now. It bothers me more than him. I am concerned though because it keeps coming back in the same spot.

Guest BassoonMo

Our greyhound was shot with a shotgun and has reoccurring pimples that keep coming back where the skin was damaged. They don't pop easily, so I use a sharp needle to stab them and then squeeze out the puss. I know it's nasty, but otherwise they just keep growing, and I know they have to be painful.

Grace now has three of these gross pimple-like bumps on her. They have pus and I can usually get a bit out, but not all. The vet told me I can just leave them alone as he was not concerned about them at all. If she ever has to go under for something else, I'll have him remove all three. He chalked it up to an old lady thing, Graceface is nine and a half years old.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Probably a sebaceous cyst. Not a problem unless they rupture internally (yes, this happened to Beth, and it was a big mess). They can be "popped" but they will recur unless you get the core out -- it's a firmer, rubber-like bit, like a grain of rice. I've squeezed it out of small cysts on my own; on larger ones the vet has cut a little slit under a local and gotten it out. After the rupture experience I am very proactive about removing them all right away. So a vet visit wouldn't be a bad idea, and don't assume that it will require general anesthetic to remove them.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad